Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   A Small Problem That Will Bug the Heck Out of Me... (/forums/showthread.php?t=326721)

HamTonks 06-17-2009 12:57 PM

A Small Problem That Will Bug the Heck Out of Me...

And I mean REALLY small, but does it bother anyone else how much space is left below the scoring HUD/ticker? It just seems to me like an unnecessary amount of space is being used for it -- you can still see the players' legs below it.

Sorry if it's been discussed, or if I've given you another reason to be disappointed.

sportzbro 06-17-2009 01:02 PM

Re: A Small Problem That Will Bug the Heck Out of Me...

or how they switched recruits ratings to f-ing bar graphs.. yes. this little stuff bothers me too.

i wish they would just put the score bug back in the top left, like last gen.

ak1knight 06-17-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamTonks (Post 2039716438)
And I mean REALLY small, but does it bother anyone else how much space is left below the scoring HUD/ticker? It just seems to me like an unnecessary amount of space is being used for it -- you can still see the players' legs below it.

Sorry if it's been discussed, or if I've given you another reason to be disappointed.

That's required so that people with old TV's can still see the titles, it won't be that big on most tv's iirc

nstod 06-17-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak1knight (Post 2039717026)
That's required so that people with old TV's can still see the titles, it won't be that big on most tv's iirc

Yep, it's called a Title Safe Area. Older TV's (non-HD) overscan, so you need to take into account the area around the edges that are lost on these.