Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Who's going with the PS2 version? (/forums/showthread.php?t=327201)

DJ 06-18-2009 10:29 PM

Who's going with the PS2 version?

Curious to see how many OS'ers will be running with the PS2 version of NCAA this year.

I just got 09 not too long ago, but will probably make the move to 10 when it drops.

Radioactiveman 06-18-2009 10:33 PM

Re: Who's going with the PS2 version?

I'm thinking about it, the problem is I have 09 and has EA really made an investment in the PS2 version? The last few I've bought on PS2 really haven't changed all that much. Now I just played the 10 demo on PS3 and I'm not overly excited about the next gen version. What adjustments have they made to the PS2 version? I haven't really been following it.

Ronizzle 06-18-2009 10:45 PM

good question...noone quite knows. All it says on it's website is like Madden, the PS2 version will FINALLY have supersim (might be the only reason I get the new version). Also something about a new all new leaderboard for dynasty. If the rosters are as screwed up as they are in the next gen systems, I'm sticking it out with 09 and just updating the rosters to reflect this years.

Sting 06-18-2009 11:10 PM

I'm gonna rent both, but I think I'll be getting the ps2 version.....and that's sad

SHO 06-18-2009 11:15 PM

My PS3 isn't backwards compatible. :(

floridagatorfan 06-18-2009 11:18 PM

Right now if I were to get the game, which chances are slim, I might go with the PS2. I do not remember last gen having as many problems with the run game as current gen has.

Boulton26 06-19-2009 12:59 AM

How does one know if his PS3 is backwards compatible?

Also:
- How many of the stadiums are in the PS2 version?
- Is recruiting and roster management better?

Bigdmo9999 06-19-2009 01:12 AM

PS2 is perfect guys, they don't need to change it. They are only now adding fluff like family stuff because they got it perfect. They aren't trying to add fluff and avoid fixing gameplay. I strongly recommend the PS2 version for those who are sick of the crap on "next gen"

Stadiums are all authentic aside from ones that they can't legally get in
Recruiting has been the same all through the years. Rosters are pretty easy to manage as well. They added number management which is a pretty sweet way to manage numbers.