Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Who does EA think is buying this game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=327511)

stoncold32 06-19-2009 05:21 PM

Who does EA think is buying this game?

So last night when I was messing around on the demo main screen, I looked in one of the menu's or whatever, I think it was "presentation", and it mentioned the addition of the bowl game endzone art. I just had to shake my head.

Has it come to the point that THIS is now a feature worthy of being mentioned not only online in their blog, but in the demo as a selling point?

I'm willing to bet money that 98% of people who will buy this game this year are NOT first time buyers and a good 95% of them probably hve been buying this game since the PS2 days. So why throw out this info like it's some huge "new" feature when the overwhelming majority of people who are looking at it will have the following reaction, "this was(and still is) standard on PS2 versions...this isn't anything new, has never been touted on PS2 as a feature"

Seriously, it just shows they dont appreciate the business of the 95-98% of us who have bought the game year after year only to be disappointed, BUT instead, they are only concerned about trying to get that other 2-5% to buy the game. Let's see how long this series will last if they have to rely on that casual/first time buyer.

By the way, I'm buying used for the first time ever...if at all.

SageInfinite 06-19-2009 05:29 PM

Re: Who does EA think is buying this game?

The presentation is horrible in this game. It's not even funny. The design team needs a new direction.

hcopenhagenh 06-19-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoncold32 (Post 2039727446)

By the way, I'm buying used for the first time ever...if at all.

Someone should make this into a new poll since the release of the demo. Seems like EA took a bullet to the head since the release of the Demo. It makes me :woot:.

trick02 06-19-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoncold32 (Post 2039727446)
So last night when I was messing around on the demo main screen, I looked in one of the menu's or whatever, I think it was "presentation", and it mentioned the addition of the bowl game endzone art. I just had to shake my head.

You do understand there was like 50 topics about this on last years board and when it was announced in the forums there was another 30 saying about time. If we are going to bitch about what we ask for then there is no point.

da ThRONe 06-19-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageInfinite (Post 2039727483)
The presentation is horrible in this game. It's not even funny. The design team needs a new direction.

Im sorry they have direction? I guess its the same direction the windsocks are blowing!:google:

SageInfinite 06-19-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da ThRONe (Post 2039727685)
Im sorry they have direction? I guess its the same direction the windsocks are blowing!:google:

:lol:

canes21 06-19-2009 06:14 PM

I don't see windsocks in the demo

HST 06-19-2009 06:25 PM

trick02,

I understand your point, but what I think they're referring to is the complete lack of humility to pretend this is a new feature. I don't think anyone is upset with the outcome, and the barrage of complaints becomes irritating, but to even mention this as some sort of strained effort granted by the generosity of EA is completely laughable.

Rest assured, when officials, chain crews and formation subs make a reappearance it will be advertised as revolutionary technology.

They're basically bringing an abacus to a software convention and demanding accolades for clever ingenuity.