Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Super Star mode still Unchanged Again? (/forums/showthread.php?t=328094)

Aboogie5 06-21-2009 06:02 PM

Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

This is the only offline mode that i have been interested in because franchises gets boring quick and i want to see myself in a nfl game.

To me Be a pro mode hasn't changed since 06... And some features was taken out like from 06 to the next gen...

Maybe in 2012 they'll think about this feature

scraw28 06-21-2009 06:09 PM

Re: Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

IMO Superstar mode (along with campus legend on NCAA series) has been a bust on the Madden series. and it will be good if they cut it loose and address other needs to the game like progressive lighting, online franchise, and other skills.

Brandon_c993 06-21-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraw28 (Post 2039734339)
IMO Superstar mode (along with campus legend on NCAA series) has been a bust on the Madden series. and it will be good if they cut it loose and address other needs to the game like progressive lighting, online franchise, and other skills.

or they could improve the game mode...?

I loved this on Xbox, but the next gen has not been as good, plus even the Xbox version got repetitive after a season or two...if they can improve it then I say do it, but if not I agree scrap it...

MrSkagTrendy 06-21-2009 06:20 PM

Other than logic (e.g: your guy reaching the HOF before the end of his rookie season), it hasn't been touched at all.

scraw28 06-21-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_c993 (Post 2039734354)
or they could improve the game mode...?

I loved this on Xbox, but the next gen has not been as good, plus even the Xbox version got repetitive after a season or two...if they can improve it then I say do it, but if not I agree scrap it...

they can work on more animations like jump balls, more tackle and hits animations, the sound of pads and helmets colliding

frankplastictrees 06-21-2009 06:40 PM

I've tried to play it a couple of times in NCAA and Madden and never have been able to get into it. In theory it's a good idea, but I think with all the extra boring stuff that it would have you do outside of games it's really dragged down.

Personally I guess I don't care much that's it's unchanged because I'd like to see the more important things get fixed, and after that a more exciting franchise experience added. If it does hold little importance though (which I guess it does since it's never changed) maybe it should just be taken out.

Skyboxer 06-21-2009 06:59 PM

I love SS mode. Just want them to improve it. Some people like the mode so just because some don't like it doesn't mean it should be removed.
This is probably the 4th thread alone with this "debate".

I will say this if they have a true lock system in place where I can lock onto say a RB or WR and play the O like that then I'd settle for that. I simply do not like controlling every player. I'd rather have my players ratings matter rather than negate them when I take over. One reason why the "rocket catch" has never bothered me as any dynasty I had with fam/friends we never switch players. Sometimes we would control WR's though but not until after the catch.

18manning18 06-21-2009 07:07 PM

I think where superstar mode falls short is in fun factor. It's too easy to get Terrell owens syndrome, and by that i mean it's just not fun when you're not getting the damn ball. Especially if you're open...maybe if they add press conferences where i can trash talk my quarterback it'd get interesting, but right now i'm just stunned that you'd say you like superstar mode because franchise gets boring. For me it's the complete opposite.

Superstar mode really works better in fast paced games like NHL or FIFA where your always involved one way or another, whether its getting back to help out defensively or setting up a goal.