Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Formations/Plays (/forums/showthread.php?t=328360)

WarEagle2324 06-22-2009 05:05 PM

New Formations/Plays

Hey guys,

Ive been out of the loop for a little while now and would just like to know some of the new formations/plays for NCAA 2010. I know about the improvements to the flexbone, just wondering if there are anymore?

I'm more of an X and O guy so this gives me something to look forward to.

GHUGHES 06-22-2009 05:13 PM

Re: New Formations/Plays

I highly doubt it

Solidice 06-22-2009 05:20 PM

Florida has some new shotgun formations in the demo that were not in NCAA '09. they also have new plays as well, a ton of QB blast and powers, and play action off those(the QB takes a step forward, then back and ready to pass).

OU had a few new plays in the formations they had. the stretch run play in the I-form now. both teams had HB counters in shotgun formations too. they also had the Middle WR screens too.

those are the ones I noticed, but I didn't really pay that much attention to the formations/plays in the demo to be honest.

Strummer101er 06-22-2009 05:30 PM

I haven't spotted a whole lot of new plays in the demo or the videos.

Florida has a few new wrinkles in its playbook in the demo. The flexbone playbook has been completely revamped. And like Solidice said, there are Texas Tech-style WR Middle Screens.

Haven't had much luck getting those middle screens to work in the demo, though. Come to think of it, I haven't had luck with any screens in the demo. Which is too bad, because screens were executed really well in 09.

The D-linemen in the demo seem to come flying over to blow up every screen pass before it gets started.

I'm hoping we see true reverses and end-arounds in the finished game.