Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can you break out of tackles (ala Madden last year)? (/forums/showthread.php?t=328463)

bigwill33 06-23-2009 12:47 AM

Can you break out of tackles (ala Madden last year)?

Been messing around with the demo every so often and thought you could do that this year.

Maybe I am hitting something wrong, or it just isn't in there again.

In Madden last year you kept hitting a button when getting tied up to try and break the one on one tackle. I have seen some slipped tackles, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything I have done post contact anyway.

Thanks for any input or help gents.

GigemAGGIES13 06-23-2009 12:54 AM

Re: Can you break out of tackles (ala Madden last year)?

I pressed B and spun out of a tackle animation. It was the one where you get sort of get stood up and fight for extra yardage (eventually failing as the defender pushes you backwards onto the ground).

I'm assuming there are only a couple animations that give you the opportunity to break out.

bigwill33 06-23-2009 12:57 AM

Ok, that is a start. Anyone else?

Perhaps you have to hit a certain button based on the situation, not the same button each time. I think I have been hitting A on 360, X Ps3.

Also, are you rapidly tapping the button or just hitting it at a certain time or what?

Sorry for the 10000 questions, however this happens to be an important feature to me. Helps the game feel less canned and pre-determined. Like I have a say so in how things go down.

CM Hooe 06-23-2009 01:57 AM

I get the impression that this game has this in it, though I haven't actually broken a tackle in this manner. I get various "struggling" animations where my guy will attempt a user-initiated spin mid-tackle and not break it, or if I mash the truck stick I'll fall forward as I'm being tackled, though, so I think it's there.

canes21 06-23-2009 03:15 AM

I use the joystick and hit up. My guy always falls forwards for more yards. But I do fumble more often when I do so.

Exonerated 06-23-2009 03:17 AM

NCAA 10 has all the branching animations of M10.

So Spin, Stiff Arm, and the right stick will allow you to break from tackles.

Russell_Kiniry_EA 06-23-2009 12:21 PM

Yeah we have the branching out of tackles from Madden. You can use special moves (spin/stiff arm) or the right stick can be used to go up (highlight stick) and left/right (juke).

Strummer101er 06-23-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA (Post 2039740467)
Yeah we have the branching out of tackles from Madden. You can use special moves (spin/stiff arm) or the right stick can be used to go up (highlight stick) and left/right (juke).

Thanks Russell.

Is it better to press and HOLD the button (or flick and HOLD the stick), or is it better to repeatedly press it?

On the defensive side of the ball, I've had more success with the right-stick moves when I flick and hold the stick in the direction I wanna go.