Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=328708)

ZoneKIller 06-23-2009 08:50 PM

What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise?

Im very disturbed that theres no way to train my drafted or free agent players in Franchise Mode.
Im also upset that we have the same progression system just tweaked better.

I was really hoping that progression would take place like the PS2 version or at least after PreSeason to give some kind of life to PreSeason like the PS2 version.This is why I used to play every PreSeason game in those times of Maddens Greatness.

So it made me wonder what is PreSeason for? What kind of Role will it have in Franchise mode?
Or is it just there to give us games to play for no reason that has no role at all in Franchise Mode? Is it a waste or what?

Any1 know anything more about this?

Deegeezy 06-23-2009 08:59 PM

Re: What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise?

Basically it has become nothing more than filler. The most you can get out of it is settling a few self-made position battles. There is no progression after it and there is no roster cut downs to worry about so it is pretty much moot.

mikeveli20 06-23-2009 08:59 PM

I'm PMed Josh about a week ago asking if pre-season mattered as far as progression goes and haven't heard back from him yet. The message he sent me before that led me to believe that progression only happens after the regular season/playoffs are over (hence why I asked him the question).

I'm willing to bet pre-season doesn't serve much of a purpose in this year's version of Madden, just like it hasn't since the series came over to the current gen systems. If this is the case, I'm with you in the being disappointed category, but hopefully since they've supposedly fixed the foundation of franchise mode this year it means that for Madden 11 we'll finally get all the good stuff we've been clamoring for since Madden 06 on the 360.

PantherBeast_OS 06-23-2009 09:06 PM

Because it is realism. What is the use to having a football game with no preseason. I mean back in the days of temcobowl football game. Even tecmo bowl had preseason. If just wouldn't feel like a real football game without preseason pretty much. Thats the best way I can explain it.

MoL2k 06-23-2009 09:09 PM

It's a chance to see your depth...

see how your "Other" players do...

etc,etc...

\

mvb34 06-23-2009 09:12 PM

There is no 80 man preseason roster so preseason in Madden will be useless.

Sublime12089 06-23-2009 09:13 PM

I usually sim after the first preseason game. What I really care more about is having a Spring Game in NCAA but that probably wont happen for a few years.

HealyMonster 06-23-2009 09:14 PM

yeah i have to assume its just 4 games on the schedule that do not count. Hopefully in 11 they put some focus on this area, i guess it goes hand in hand with franchise.