Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Let speculate what we CAN and CAN NOT edit about players (/forums/showthread.php?t=331784)

xanmank 07-06-2009 02:09 PM

Let speculate what we CAN and CAN NOT edit about players

So, in this thread Ian claimed that "pretty much everything" was editable except attributes and contracts:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...great-but.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039590476)
I just changed pretty much everything about Tom Brady in my Franchise including his throwing style. Ratings and contract were off limits.

BUT, we also found out at E3 that we can edit attributes of players on all teams mid-franchise.

Therefore, what do you think will be editable, and what won't be?

*This is MY OPINION of what will be editable in Madden '10 franchise*

CONFIRMED YES

-Attributes
-Throwing styles
-Equipment
-Position
-Jersey #

SHOULD BE YES

-Name
-College
-Kicking style

50/50 CHANCE

-Height
-Weight
-Skin Color
-Face/Head
-Hair
-Build (Arm/Leg/Torso Size)

MIGHT BE NO

-Age (it would mess up career stats too much)

CONFIRMED NO

-Contracts

Did I forget anything? I hope most of this stuff is editable, because if attributes of all things are editable, why would ANYTHING be off limits?

BroMontana82 07-06-2009 02:19 PM

Re: Let speculate what we CAN and CAN NOT edit about players

do we have any confirmation that the shoulder pad glitch has been fixed when you edit players??

fourthreemafia 07-06-2009 03:32 PM

Im going to be pissed if coaches arent editable.

As far as player, Im glad attributes are. Height, weight and skin color should ABSOLUTELY be editable. Makes no sense if they arent.

sportzbro 07-06-2009 03:39 PM

I'm glad to hear we can change the throwing styles.. it will be nice to give them to my drafted rookie QB instead of the generic.

MattUMD224 07-06-2009 03:46 PM

wait so we can actually change attributes during franchise like The Show and NBA2K.....this is HUGE as you can compensate for terrible progression, and mess with draft classes after they have been draft to give them realistic ratings

fourthreemafia 07-06-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattUMD224 (Post 2039787418)
wait so we can actually change attributes during franchise like The Show and NBA2K.....this is HUGE as you can compensate for terrible progression, and mess with draft classes after they have been draft to give them realistic ratings

I agree. I still dont know if I will buy it, but if this is true, there is a much better chance.

ausar72 07-06-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambf12 (Post 2039787015)
do we have any confirmation that the shoulder pad glitch has been fixed when you edit players??

I really hope so, because i'm loving the pads in all of the screens since the Draft. I don't know what was going on with those draft/rookies images, but I was getting scared...

On another note, they should look into putting in different type of shoulder pads in the game...

On second thought, let's just make sure the "glitch is gone first!

ProjectSRT 07-06-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambf12 (Post 2039787015)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausar72 (Post 2039787574)
I really hope so, because i'm loving the pads in all of the screens since the Draft. I don't know what was going on with those draft/rookies images, but I was getting scared...

On another note, they should look into putting in different type of shoulder pads in the game...

On second thought, let's just make sure the "glitch is gone first!

Im with you guys. That glitch was one of the main reasons why i wasnt able to play Madden for longer than a week. Deff hope its gone.