Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Classic Roster From One Year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=332442)

jethrotull 07-08-2009 04:46 PM

Classic Roster From One Year?

Has anyone ever thought about doing a roster set from one year? It could be used for franchise, and rewriting history. I thought about it and thought that 1989, 20 years in the past would be great. Is there anyone who did it? Thought of doing it?

In 1989, Boggs, Mattingly, Ricky, Ripken, Ozzie Smith, Yount, Bash Brothers, Schmidt, Griifey Jr., Saberhagen, Brett, Santiago, Ron Darling, Bo Jackson, Kevin Mitchell, Biggio, Sandberg, Eric Davis, Mark Davis, Franco, Dawson, Barry Larkin, Carter, just to name a few.

Knight how much would it take to bribe you? Maybe some high fives? I have been playing Knights classic teams and love it, would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on what year and if anyone has done this.

Knight165 07-08-2009 06:06 PM

Re: Classic Roster From One Year?

The "problem" is....what to do with the teams that didn't exist in that year?
It's one of two things holding me back from doing specific seasons(something I much prefer to do...as I have in the past with games such as FPS:Baseball and High Heat).....the other being the lack of ability to customize the league(meaning the structure and the team names/nicknames....this would have more to do with older seasons)...

M.K.
Knight165

jethrotull 07-08-2009 08:56 PM

I see your point, the only thing I was thinking was too give them their year one rosters, their expansion roster. Then it's not realistc of course. I chose 89 because it still had some great players like Schmidt, Strawberry, etc involved. Also it had Griffey Jr coming in, sort of a transitional year.

Man if only they let us start from scratch with potential editing unlimited CAPs???

bigdawg1690 07-11-2009 06:28 PM

How about 1999? a ten year anniversary. some great teams that year, even though the world series was a letdown (Yanks swept the Braves). all teams would be available too. :woot:

Knight165 07-11-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdawg1690 (Post 2039811441)
How about 1999? a ten year anniversary. some great teams that year, even though the world series was a letdown (Yanks swept the Braves). all teams would be available too. :woot:

You know....this is a pretty good idea.
I'll be working on a 50's-60's-70's set for about a month....and if I'm not burned out...I might consider it!

M.K.
Knight165

bigdawg1690 07-11-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight165 (Post 2039812068)
You know....this is a pretty good idea.
I'll be working on a 50's-60's-70's set for about a month....and if I'm not burned out...I might consider it!

M.K.
Knight165

i'm working on the 99 Reds right now. the last time they were actually good lol (sucky Steve Parris lost in the one game playoff against Al Leiter, who saw that coming?). With mixing ur classic rosters with the current ones, i really don't think it'll take too long to create the whole league. been studyin the stats from that year, some great teams. A-Roid with Griffey, Martinez, and Buhner. The killer B's in Houston. McGwire and Sosa tearin it up. Garciappara and Pedro lighting it up for the Red Sox. Vlad in Montreal. it goes on and on. that really was a GOOD year.

sappy3 07-11-2009 11:43 PM

Knight, you should definitely do it. As that year also holds my favorite Dodgers team I've seen play. I'm only 16. I think it would be great. Loved that team, Kevin Brown was good. Sheff, Mondesi, EY, Beltre. Was a good team.

Knight165 07-13-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sappy3 (Post 2039812803)
Knight, you should definitely do it. As that year also holds my favorite Dodgers team I've seen play. I'm only 16. I think it would be great. Loved that team, Kevin Brown was good. Sheff, Mondesi, EY, Beltre. Was a good team.

I think I will.....as long as bigdawg is not taking the entire year on as a project.
I don't want to step on his toes if he is.
It will be after I finish the second MLB Classic Teams set.

M.K.
Knight165