Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Quick question about funds. (/forums/showthread.php?t=332775)

dlane0087 07-09-2009 07:20 PM

Quick question about funds.

I'm in my third season of manager mode and about to go into my second with AC Milan. When I took the position my funds were plentiful I spent it on upgrading my team through improving my attacking, midfield, etc.... I got down to around 20 million after transfers and all that. Fast forward to the end of the season I won the ECC and Copa Nazionale and finish 3rd in Serie A. I am about to enter the current season, I decide to go to check and see who is available for transfer. Micah Richards is the top player listed so I decide to make an offer. I submit my offer and look to my finds thinking that I have a boatload of cash and I am down to 6 million. Now to my question lol, how come after such a succesful season how was I not given a lot of cash as a reward?

Qb 07-10-2009 01:14 PM

Re: Quick question about funds.

Unfoturnately, that aspect of the financial system wasn't very well implemented. You get a couple bonuses for meeting your goals (eg, win the league, win a domestic cup, etc), but they are not what they should be for prestigious accomplishments like winning the ECC. Most of your funding in 09 comes from your sponsors & ticket sales, not from performance or competition based bonuses.

On the bright side, the FIFA team has completely redone the financial system for FIFA 10. Sponsorship funds will play a much smaller role, as the club board will now allocate funds based on club stature and seasonal performance. Also, we will have to manage two budgets -- one for wages and one for transfers & staff upgrades. I know it doesn't help now, but it sounds like it will be a much needed improvement...