Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A Question I've Never Seen Answered (/forums/showthread.php?t=332829)

Mr. Franchise 07-09-2009 11:06 PM

A Question I've Never Seen Answered

How come EA doesn't use the ESPN overlays for any of their games even though they have the license? I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I tried searching.

Jamin23 07-09-2009 11:10 PM

Re: A Question I've Never Seen Answered

They want to have their own presentation. They want it to be ea sports network. It is something that I will never get. They could get the ESPN Monday night crew for announcing and go all out with the ESPN presentation, but instead they want it to be their own network.

Mr. Franchise 07-09-2009 11:11 PM

I figured there was a legal reason. Doesn't make sense to me. "The Extra Point" could be "Sportscenter" that would be great!

MattIntellect 07-09-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamin23 (Post 2039803037)
They want to have their own presentation. They want it to be ea sports network. It is something that I will never get. They could get the ESPN Monday night crew for announcing and go all out with the ESPN presentation, but instead they want it to be their own network.

No, they would rather go with the NFL Network than ESPN. Ex: The Extra Point Show. I guess the NFL doesn't want them to use ESPN presentation because it would be like ESPN vs. NFL Network. EA Sports doesn't want to risk losing the NFL exclusivity license.

Mr. Franchise 07-09-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattIntellect (Post 2039803058)
No, they would rather go with the NFL Network than ESPN. Ex: The Extra Point Show. I guess the NFL doesn't want them to use ESPN presentation because it would be like ESPN vs. NFL Network. EA Sports doesn't want to risk losing the NFL exclusivity license.

The Extra Point is an NFL Network show?

43Chargers4Now 07-09-2009 11:18 PM

I'm not sure either. Why do they want to be the "lone wolves" that want no help. Even name-dropping "Sportscenter" would definately make the "Extra Point" better (name dropping means using the name of an important person, show, or object in hopes of getting a better outcome or having a better appearance).

If Ea utilized their legal rights, they would definately see a better response to when people review Madden's half-time report.

Jamin23 07-09-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattIntellect (Post 2039803058)
No, they would rather go with the NFL Network than ESPN. Ex: The Extra Point Show. I guess the NFL doesn't want them to use ESPN presentation because it would be like ESPN vs. NFL Network.

Right!! I have heard other people say that they wanted to use their own network. They still didn't put the nfl network scoreboard and the replays still say ea sports though. Isn't Chris Collinsworth on nbc though?

Jamin23 07-09-2009 11:21 PM

I don't see what the point of buying espn was. Even on the back of the box it says featuring espn.