Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Assistant Coach Skill Points??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=333091)

xplicit311 07-10-2009 07:12 PM

Assistant Coach Skill Points???

Ok i have two questions.

1. Im in my first year. And thinking bout firing some of my coaches next year. Do the points i do not spend on the coaches i fire roll over with me or dissappear when i fire them?

2. The Leadership skill reads as follows. Increases ALL coach skill levels to developing player attributes for each staff member reporting to this coach, while the staff member is on the team. So if I acquired this skill now and fired my coaches at the end of the season, are the coaches i bring in affected by this skill?

Mike3207 07-11-2009 12:45 AM

Re: Assistant Coach Skill Points???

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplicit311 (Post 2039807234)
Ok i have two questions.

1. Im in my first year. And thinking bout firing some of my coaches next year. Do the points i do not spend on the coaches i fire roll over with me or dissappear when i fire them?

2. The Leadership skill reads as follows. Increases ALL coach skill levels to developing player attributes for each staff member reporting to this coach, while the staff member is on the team. So if I acquired this skill now and fired my coaches at the end of the season, are the coaches i bring in affected by this skill?

1.You lose either way. You use the points, another team benefits. You don't use the points, you lose them. I'd use the points, at least they'll help you while they're here. I'm pretty sure they don't roll over.

2. You can buy Leadership 1 time. Any coaches you have at the time you buy it are affected by it. Any new coaches won't be affected if they are hired after you buy Leadership.

ebongreen 07-12-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

2. You can buy Leadership 1 time. Any coaches you have at the time you buy it are affected by it. Any new coaches won't be affected if they are hired after you buy Leadership.
That wouldn't make any sense. The HC doesn't stop being a leader because some of his coaches leave or get fired.

All I've read of Leadership is that it affects all coaches on your staff - it says nothing I've ever seen about affecting only coaches present at the time of purchase. There are other special skills that work "once only" - where does it say that Leadership works this way? :)

slacker2 07-12-2009 03:54 PM

First lets start out with some facts that i know. Sometimes when you hire coaches they have points already. Since these coaches were on teams before i hired them i am assuming that these points were unspent points that were earned with his last team.

Therefore it is only logical to assume that if you qb coach (for example) had 3000 points unspent and you fired him he would keep these points and would spend them once he got to a new team.

Glorious Arc 07-12-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs844224 (Post 2039808785)

No...Leadership is not a one time purchase. It affects all new coaches that come onto your staff. Leadership does work but does not change a coaches overall until you buy one skill. A coach will not jump 30 points overall by buying one play call skill and that is what happens when you have leadership.

Mike3207 07-12-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorious Arc (Post 2039815569)
No...Leadership is not a one time purchase. It affects all new coaches that come onto your staff. Leadership does work but does not change a coaches overall until you buy one skill. A coach will not jump 30 points overall by buying one play call skill and that is what happens when you have leadership.

So the Leadership skill is ongoing, and will affect all coaches, present or future? I did assume that all the skills like Leadership and Educator could only be used once at the time of purchase. I'll definitely use the first year to improve Skills, but the second year I'll start on the special skills.

leereezy 10-14-2009 07:30 PM

i wish i found this thread 3 hrs ago.

i had alot of points saved up for my hc and spent them on reg. skills instead spending them on charm and charisma.

i would have enough left over that i could play 2 more games and have enough for it.

there's still alot i don't know.

i spent most of my points in the 1st yr on learning playbook and ambition, instead of physical and intangibles development.

now i'm trying to spend any money i make on those and performance, which i severely neglected.

Mike3207 10-14-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leereezy (Post 2040325688)
i wish i found this thread 3 hrs ago.

i had alot of points saved up for my hc and spent them on reg. skills instead spending them on charm and charisma.

i would have enough left over that i could play 2 more games and have enough for it.

there's still alot i don't know.

i spent most of my points in the 1st yr on learning playbook and ambition, instead of physical and intangibles development.

now i'm trying to spend any money i make on those and performance, which i severely neglected.

I think you did right your first year for your HC. Ambition is important the first year, because it makes all the special skills cheaper. You have to get Charm and Charisma the first year, because it affects approval and can keep you from getting fired the first year. I always start out getting Offseason regular Seminar, Regular season seminar, and Playbook training to help learn the playbook. It only lets me get to Performance 2 before I start my career, but I get it up to 3 during preseason. Leadership, if you have enough to get it the first year, will make all your subordinate coaches better at player development.

Concentrate on player development for your assistant coaches, and learn special skills for your OC, DC, and Head Coach. As for Performance, level 3 is good enough for the first year. You can max it out later in your career. I'd concentrate on player development for the HC AFTER I've gotten all the specials skills that are important starting out. Of course, it's only my opinion.:wink: