Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread** (/forums/showthread.php?t=333167)

PVarck31 07-11-2009 01:00 AM

**Official Bugs And Glitches Thread**

Have at it.

EDIT: Please use this format to report bugs/glitches whenever possible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2039811443)
For our sanity in trying to track down patchable bugs, if you see something happen... post the steps taken to do it. Repeat the steps you give and see if it happens again. Include the results. Here's an example.

1. Go to Play Now and use Virginia as the home or away team.
2. On offense, select HB Dive from the Ace Heavy formation.
3. Run the play

Bug: The halfback will take the ball and then break out into a dance routine and end up buried in the turf upside down.

Frequency: 3 out of 3 tries (100%)

(note, I gave a very silly bug that I just made up off the top of my head so as hopefully nobody will construe it as a real bug... though I'm sure someone will not realize it and try it themselves!)

SlyBelle 07-11-2009 01:05 AM

Re: **Official bugs and glitches thread**

This is copied from the Impressions thread and Too early for bug thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyBelle (Post 2039808169)
I recently started tinkering with the auto subs so I could get backup players some time and I'm a little concerned at what I'm seeing. I have seen this stuff in the last 4 or so games I have tried.

Here is an example:

- xbox 360 version
- I set auto sub for RB at 85 out and 95 in.
- I play on AA at 7 minutes
- I have fatigue turned on.
- I use Penn State and run very heavy (in this example I had 57 running plays).

Quick summary of events:

- Starting RB plays for about 1/2 of the first quarter then gets hurt and out for the game. Up until then, no other RB subbed in which I guess I can understand.

- Backup RB enters the game and plays all the way through mid third qtr, without any backup RB coming in

- Finally about the mid point of third QTR, backup RB comes in (really 3rd stringer).

- The third RB goes the entire rest of the game, until less than a minute left in the 4th QTR without ever being subbed. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

- With a minute left in the 4th, my fourth string RB comes back in and finishes the game. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

Observations:

- Once a RB got subbed for, it didn't appear they ever got back into the game, which seems odd since I have the 'in' at 95.

- Seems like the fatigue of a player takes a very long time before it takes effect.

- I have no idea why once a player comes out then never went back in. Maybe the replenishment of stamina is taking a very long time.

I also had all the other positions with customized auto subs (used last years) and no one on my defensive line ever came out.

I will try changing the auto sub numbers again, but this does have me a little concerned. I could understand it taking a little while longer to fatigue, but never to come back into the game, seems odd.

Anybody else test this yet?

Well, defintely an issue here. I changed my auto subs for the RB to out at 90 and back in at 95. This actually worked pretty good in the first half. My RB came out about every 4-6 plays depending on length of drive and runs. I also changed my DE/DT to out at 95 and back in at 100 and it worked well too in the 1st half (although in a second game, DE never came out whatsoever).

Now here is the BIG issue. When a player gets subbed in the 2nd half of the game, the original starter NEVER comes back into the game. You can't even manually bring them back in the game. They show up on the rosters but no way to bring them back. I tried changing the depth chart, mass subs, etc. and they never come back. When my RB came out in the 2nd half, he never ever came back in. Same thing happened to my defensive end.

Overall, really liking the game, but this kind of stinks. This has also been confirmed within Dynasty games.

ActLikeYouCrow 07-11-2009 01:37 AM

is it possible they went to a fatigue system similar to what i think fifa does where your players energy level goes down over the course of the game? did anybody try lowering the auto subs in the 2nd half?

Saber 07-11-2009 01:38 AM

That sounds like an odd bug indeed. I know I had the 360 version last year and after d/ling one of the patches (I'm guessing) it seem to have a huge effect on player stamina to the point I would almost have to turn the subout to like 90 otherwise my starters would never be tired enough to come out of the game. And even then, for some positions I played entire seasons without them coming out of the game unless injury occured (namely linebackers, defensive backs, and offensive line)... or anyone I didn't frequently use.

Bigdmo9999 07-11-2009 01:46 AM

Iowas facemasks are white
Law of physics don't seem to be applied to gameplay
Sliders don't work

kingkilla56 07-11-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999 (Post 2039809045)
Iowas facemasks are white
Law of physics don't seem to be applied to gameplay
Sliders don't work

And teams are getting unfair advantages in the season showdown.....

SlyBelle 07-11-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow (Post 2039809018)
is it possible they went to a fatigue system similar to what i think fifa does where your players energy level goes down over the course of the game? did anybody try lowering the auto subs in the 2nd half?

I have changed sub sliders in the 2nd half and did not see a difference. I also just ran a quick test with another team to make sure it was not just PSU and the same thing happened. I even noticed the CPU had the same issue in the 2nd half.

Bigdmo9999 07-11-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkilla56 (Post 2039809076)
And teams are getting unfair advantages in the season showdown.....

This is a gamekiller to me, hopefully it can be patched. I mean we finally got Season Showdown and now I can't even enjoy it