Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread** (/forums/showthread.php?t=333167)

PVarck31 07-11-2009 01:00 AM

**Official Bugs And Glitches Thread**

Have at it.

EDIT: Please use this format to report bugs/glitches whenever possible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2039811443)
For our sanity in trying to track down patchable bugs, if you see something happen... post the steps taken to do it. Repeat the steps you give and see if it happens again. Include the results. Here's an example.

1. Go to Play Now and use Virginia as the home or away team.
2. On offense, select HB Dive from the Ace Heavy formation.
3. Run the play

Bug: The halfback will take the ball and then break out into a dance routine and end up buried in the turf upside down.

Frequency: 3 out of 3 tries (100%)

(note, I gave a very silly bug that I just made up off the top of my head so as hopefully nobody will construe it as a real bug... though I'm sure someone will not realize it and try it themselves!)

SlyBelle 07-11-2009 01:05 AM

Re: **Official bugs and glitches thread**

This is copied from the Impressions thread and Too early for bug thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyBelle (Post 2039808169)
I recently started tinkering with the auto subs so I could get backup players some time and I'm a little concerned at what I'm seeing. I have seen this stuff in the last 4 or so games I have tried.

Here is an example:

- xbox 360 version
- I set auto sub for RB at 85 out and 95 in.
- I play on AA at 7 minutes
- I have fatigue turned on.
- I use Penn State and run very heavy (in this example I had 57 running plays).

Quick summary of events:

- Starting RB plays for about 1/2 of the first quarter then gets hurt and out for the game. Up until then, no other RB subbed in which I guess I can understand.

- Backup RB enters the game and plays all the way through mid third qtr, without any backup RB coming in

- Finally about the mid point of third QTR, backup RB comes in (really 3rd stringer).

- The third RB goes the entire rest of the game, until less than a minute left in the 4th QTR without ever being subbed. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

- With a minute left in the 4th, my fourth string RB comes back in and finishes the game. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

Observations:

- Once a RB got subbed for, it didn't appear they ever got back into the game, which seems odd since I have the 'in' at 95.

- Seems like the fatigue of a player takes a very long time before it takes effect.

- I have no idea why once a player comes out then never went back in. Maybe the replenishment of stamina is taking a very long time.

I also had all the other positions with customized auto subs (used last years) and no one on my defensive line ever came out.

I will try changing the auto sub numbers again, but this does have me a little concerned. I could understand it taking a little while longer to fatigue, but never to come back into the game, seems odd.

Anybody else test this yet?

Well, defintely an issue here. I changed my auto subs for the RB to out at 90 and back in at 95. This actually worked pretty good in the first half. My RB came out about every 4-6 plays depending on length of drive and runs. I also changed my DE/DT to out at 95 and back in at 100 and it worked well too in the 1st half (although in a second game, DE never came out whatsoever).

Now here is the BIG issue. When a player gets subbed in the 2nd half of the game, the original starter NEVER comes back into the game. You can't even manually bring them back in the game. They show up on the rosters but no way to bring them back. I tried changing the depth chart, mass subs, etc. and they never come back. When my RB came out in the 2nd half, he never ever came back in. Same thing happened to my defensive end.

Overall, really liking the game, but this kind of stinks. This has also been confirmed within Dynasty games.

ActLikeYouCrow 07-11-2009 01:37 AM

is it possible they went to a fatigue system similar to what i think fifa does where your players energy level goes down over the course of the game? did anybody try lowering the auto subs in the 2nd half?

Saber 07-11-2009 01:38 AM

That sounds like an odd bug indeed. I know I had the 360 version last year and after d/ling one of the patches (I'm guessing) it seem to have a huge effect on player stamina to the point I would almost have to turn the subout to like 90 otherwise my starters would never be tired enough to come out of the game. And even then, for some positions I played entire seasons without them coming out of the game unless injury occured (namely linebackers, defensive backs, and offensive line)... or anyone I didn't frequently use.

Bigdmo9999 07-11-2009 01:46 AM

Iowas facemasks are white
Law of physics don't seem to be applied to gameplay
Sliders don't work

kingkilla56 07-11-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999 (Post 2039809045)
Iowas facemasks are white
Law of physics don't seem to be applied to gameplay
Sliders don't work

And teams are getting unfair advantages in the season showdown.....

SlyBelle 07-11-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow (Post 2039809018)
is it possible they went to a fatigue system similar to what i think fifa does where your players energy level goes down over the course of the game? did anybody try lowering the auto subs in the 2nd half?

I have changed sub sliders in the 2nd half and did not see a difference. I also just ran a quick test with another team to make sure it was not just PSU and the same thing happened. I even noticed the CPU had the same issue in the 2nd half.

Bigdmo9999 07-11-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkilla56 (Post 2039809076)
And teams are getting unfair advantages in the season showdown.....

This is a gamekiller to me, hopefully it can be patched. I mean we finally got Season Showdown and now I can't even enjoy it

IN13NSE 07-11-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999 (Post 2039809182)
This is a gamekiller to me, hopefully it can be patched. I mean we finally got Season Showdown and now I can't even enjoy it

Man, your mind is made up.

Seriously though... every thread you go in. Has to just be negative to NCAA '10.

Like your sarcasm is awesome, but can you give it a break or at least try the game?

SlyBelle 07-11-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyBelle (Post 2039809105)
I have changed sub sliders in the 2nd half and did not see a difference. I also just ran a quick test with another team to make sure it was not just PSU and the same thing happened. I even noticed the CPU had the same issue in the 2nd half.

Well, I tried my last hope of switching levels to see if it happened on Heisman as well. And it did. So at this point, looks like this happens in all situations.

One thing I did noticed after countless more games, I don't think it is specifically tied to the second half. When I used BYU who appears to have a bigger back and maybe less stamina, this issue started to happen in the late 2nd quarter.

My best guess on what is happening is that after so much fatigue, the player never replenishes for some reason and the game thinks the player is still fatigued. I think this because changing the depth chart does not make it better or when making package changes, the starter is just never available to be used which looks like he is being held out for some reason.

Dynamite 07-11-2009 08:00 AM

When you use defensive keys, the defense will be beaten even if you key the right area if the play-art calls for the play to go the opposite way. Meaning if they call an outside run but cut it into the middle, even if you key the middle you will be beaten as if they ran outside. Instead of making tackles, you're almost guaranteed to miss at least one.

It's infuriating. I have a play scouted, and the other player's tendency, then I'm still penalized for using the tools I have.

darrenw74 07-11-2009 09:03 AM

the recruiting "cheat" is still there. im not going to broadcast what it is.

AuburnAlumni 07-11-2009 10:40 AM

Well I've seen two rather large bugs so far.

1. If a team is punting and they get called for holding...they don't give you the option to make them punt it again. They just give you an extra 10 yards from the spot where you were tackled on the punt return.

That's pretty bad.

2. This is worse....there are quite a few bad pitches on options that the computer seems to consider as incomplete passes.

I was running an option against Florida with Auburn, Kodi Burns pitched the ball, Carlos Dunlap got in the way of the pitch and knocked the ball to the ground.

This should be a fumble...nope. Blown dead. No fumble.

That's REALLY bad.

mjussawalla 07-11-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni (Post 2039809884)
2. This is worse....there are quite a few bad pitches on options that the computer seems to consider as incomplete passes.

I was running an option against Florida with Auburn, Kodi Burns pitched the ball, Carlos Dunlap got in the way of the pitch and knocked the ball to the ground.

This should be a fumble...nope. Blown dead. No fumble.

That's REALLY bad.

Maybe Ed Hockely was the Ref? :google:

DiddyGotGrillz 07-11-2009 12:20 PM

This has happened to me twice. It was towards the end of the game/half and I was running a hurry-up offense. When I held "Y" (360) to call my players back up to the line, the center absolutely would NOT snap the ball...forcing me to call a time-out. All my players were back up at the line too. This burned 20 seconds off the clock.

a4reak 07-11-2009 12:32 PM

Julio Jones and his unstoppable force is a glitch. Seriously speaking he is too good

TheLegend3001 07-11-2009 01:17 PM

When you are playing a head to head match on the same console, the game plan check marks are not hidden. Your opponent can see if you are aggressive or conservative. It's not a game killer, but it does make that feature useless when I have people over playing head to head

DGuinta1 07-11-2009 01:38 PM

Man in motion runs into fellow receiver. :nono:

IN13NSE 07-11-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGuinta1 (Post 2039810430)
Man in motion runs into fellow receiver. :nono:

Happened last year.

Only bug i have found is when you try and change your player on defense first... it won't let you hot route. It gets stuck in the "LS moving to get to different players".

How High 07-11-2009 01:44 PM

I had a moment where my receiver fumbled the ball out of bounds and the other team recovered it out of bounds and got the ball...I challenged it and everything but the play stood...it was a tie game in the 4th quarter when it happened I was pretty pissed...

DGuinta1 07-11-2009 01:50 PM

Not a bug but more like an annoyance for me when I am player locked on a DE and I try pumping the crowd up only to go offside! Grrr! So if you wanna pump the crowd up, do it before player lock. :google:

stevedrumsdw 07-11-2009 02:05 PM

People have said that you can't get rid of the short grey sleeves in cold weather no matter what you do, is this true? If so that sucks and needs to be fixed.

SlyBelle 07-11-2009 02:10 PM

Probably not a major bug but more of an annoyance. On fourth down, the CPU will always auto-select a play from the special teams options for you which usually is a punt. Normally in the past, they appeared to make wise decisions so I usually quickly click through the screen to speed up the game. But in this year's version, I'm noticing it often defaults to some crazy suggestions like going for it when it is 4th and a mile and on my own 20 yard line in the 1st qtr. I have seen this countless times. Because I click so fast, I have to spend a time out to change the play.

Of course, I can slow down and make sure the right play is selected, but I would have thought the CPU being a little more practical when suggesting plays.

Maximus205 07-11-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGuinta1 (Post 2039810489)
Not a bug but more like an annoyance for me when I am player locked on a DE and I try pumping the crowd up only to go offside! Grrr! So if you wanna pump the crowd up, do it before player lock. :google:

Just hit down on the right stick instead of up.

Bigdmo9999 07-11-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN13NSE (Post 2039809504)
Man, your mind is made up.

Seriously though... every thread you go in. Has to just be negative to NCAA '10.

Like your sarcasm is awesome, but can you give it a break or at least try the game?

Sarcasm? Are you kidding me. I love the idea and execution of Season Showdown. Its probably one of the best features ever to be in any game. Nothing captures the excitement of representing your team in a fake points battle with other people across the nation, in the end winning a fake national championship that means nothing.

steez3 07-11-2009 02:35 PM

not sure if this is considered a bug or not, and its not a huge deal but it bugs me lol. when you play online and you change up your uniform, the other person your playing does not see it. I was playing with Notre Dame vs my buddy online and I wore the Green jerseys and when I asked him how they looked he said I was just wearing the regualr Blue jerseys. It was like this lastyear aswell. Really thought they woulda fixed that.

prballin1 07-11-2009 02:38 PM

Found my first one glitch last night. I was oklahoma playing florida. Teabow was in Gator Heavy and they snapped the ball over his head. It should hae been a fumble, but was ruled incomplete pass LOL.

DGuinta1 07-11-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus205 (Post 2039810607)
Just hit down on the right stick instead of up.

Ahh will do.

OMT 07-11-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGuinta1 (Post 2039810489)

You can still pump up the crowd I believe, but you have to press down on the stick instead of up when in player lock.

DGuinta1 07-11-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2039810773)
You can still pump up the crowd I believe, but you have to press down on the stick instead of up when in player lock.

Ahh cool, thank you. Back to the game! :woot:

rckabillyRaider 07-11-2009 03:59 PM

another annoyance is that you cant edit Teambuilder teams that we download. If we can, I sure cant find it. Not on the console or website.

moylan1234 07-11-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider (Post 2039810941)
another annoyance is that you cant edit Teambuilder teams that we download. If we can, I sure cant find it. Not on the console or website.

you have to be in dynasty mode

ElroyJetson 07-11-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prballin1 (Post 2039810647)
Found my first one glitch last night. I was oklahoma playing florida. Teabow was in Gator Heavy and they snapped the ball over his head. It should hae been a fumble, but was ruled incomplete pass LOL.

are you playing the demo ?

rckabillyRaider 07-11-2009 04:35 PM

Moylan, I meant edit the ratings from a team you download off another creator.

moylan1234 07-11-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider (Post 2039811118)
Moylan, I meant edit the ratings from a team you download off another creator.

oh got ya my bad. I think it's been said that's not possible

kingkid1313 07-11-2009 06:24 PM

Re: **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread**

QB sneak is unstoppable to stop and is a glitch. My friend and I have both tried it out and it's always goes for positive yards. Impossible to stop for fourth and inches. The QB will fall forward in an open hole

OMT 07-11-2009 06:28 PM

For our sanity in trying to track down patchable bugs, if you see something happen... post the steps taken to do it. Repeat the steps you give and see if it happens again. Include the results. Here's an example.

1. Go to Play Now and use Virginia as the home or away team.
2. On offense, select HB Dive from the Ace Heavy formation.
3. Run the play

Bug: The halfback will take the ball and then break out into a dance routine and end up buried in the turf upside down.

Frequency: 3 out of 3 tries (100%)

(note, I gave a very silly bug that I just made up off the top of my head so as hopefully nobody will construe it as a real bug... though I'm sure someone will not realize it and try it themselves!)

HuskerFan 07-11-2009 06:29 PM

It looks like the schedule bug is still in dynasty mode. I changed the home/away, backed out, the went back in and it didn't save my changes. I had to set it a second time and back out for it to save... Not a terrible bug, but more annoying than anything. I just can't believe it wasn't fixed for NCAA10.

wisecav 07-11-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkid1313 (Post 2039811429)
QB sneak is unstoppable to stop and is a glitch. My friend and I have both tried it out and it's always goes for positive yards. Impossible to stop for fourth and inches. The QB will fall forward in an open hole

It didn't happen like that everytime in the demo. It was 3rd and inches and I ran QB sneak and Tebow hit a guard and went sideways. 4th and 1.. :y14:

kingkid1313 07-11-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisecav (Post 2039811457)
It didn't happen like that everytime in the demo. It was 3rd and inches and I ran QB sneak and Tebow hit a guard and went sideways. 4th and 1.. :y14:

I'm not talking about demo...I'm referring to the retail version