Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread** (/forums/showthread.php?t=333167)

RoyalBoyle78 07-13-2009 03:08 PM

Re: **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread**

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoncold32 (Post 2039819204)
ehhhh.....The Show, UFC, etc. All those demos looked beyond awesome, and they were half the size of this NCAA demo which came in at 2gigs on the PS3.

I dont have the retail version, but I certainly hope it looks better than the demo. Cause it looked absolutely TERRIBLE.

Looks a lot better.

marcoyk 07-13-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2039819538)
This has already been fixed in the patch.

It's so bad that that made it into the game though.
If I wasn't connected to the internet, I'd be SO pissed that I wasn't getting the patch. Without a connection I'd be stuck with wrong, nameless rosters, bad sliders, and horrible bugs like this.

stugotsII 07-13-2009 04:22 PM

I had a CPU CB drop back about 85 yards into the endzone leaving my WR wide open. I threw him the ball and he scored easily.

I also don't get the CPU snap count. Why is there still ZERO variation? Is this how they combat a lack of pass rush? I get 3-8 sacks a game because of their same snap count.

sooner1 07-13-2009 04:47 PM

Last night I punted 40 yds and the ball was given to the other team from my line of scrimmage.

21SEC 07-13-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooner1 (Post 2039820591)
Last night I punted 40 yds and the ball was given to the other team from my line of scrimmage.

Had this happen to me as well. The ball landed out of bounds on the kick, and the receiving team's first play from scrimmage was from where I kicked the ball.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=68298

Got2Words4ya 07-13-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21SEC (Post 2039821452)
Had this happen to me as well. The ball landed out of bounds on the kick, and the receiving team's first play from scrimmage was from where I kicked the ball.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=68298

delete

xxslim502xx 07-13-2009 07:39 PM

well add the fixed rosters are bugged and wont download...HAHAHAHAHAHA wow this dev team needs to be scraped seriously how do you put out a game that you punt the ball and the team gets it where you punted from?? then they dont even know how to UPLOAD ROSTERS RIGHT? lol madden team needs to do ncaa cuz look at all the stuff madden has that ncaa dont this year and they had the same amount of time to work on it..i think if next gen didnt have patches these bugs would be fixed before released the ps2 games never had stuff like this they ship a broke game out and say oh well we can patch it later

UATide 07-13-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxslim502xx (Post 2039821614)
well add the fixed rosters are bugged and wont download...HAHAHAHAHAHA wow this dev team needs to be scraped seriously how do you put out a game that you punt the ball and the team gets it where you punted from?? then they dont even know how to UPLOAD ROSTERS RIGHT? lol madden team needs to do ncaa cuz look at all the stuff madden has that ncaa dont this year and they had the same amount of time to work on it..i think if next gen didnt have patches these bugs would be fixed before released the ps2 games never had stuff like this they ship a broke game out and say oh well we can patch it later

Have you heard of grammar, or better yet, a period? It looks like this : (.)

xxslim502xx 07-13-2009 07:45 PM

i dont have time to correctly type every word i abbreviate words so what. i can write a essay better than anybody on this site believe that. quit taking up for EA, this game is not worth a year upgrade. too many bugs broken sliders which probably wont be fixed in the patch and rosters wont even upload right..no team entrances and no refs..madden has all this stuff ncaa gets their leftovers every year..ncaa team does not create anything new they get things from the year before. windsocks and camera flashes oh my...

Got2Words4ya 07-13-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxslim502xx (Post 2039821614)

Wow dude, you really need to chill. I bet YOU could do a much better job, right? Didn't think so.

xxslim502xx 07-13-2009 07:51 PM

actually im a computer programmer and i have a degree in microsoft network engineering, i bet i could upload a roster file that actually worked..and i didnt say i could make a game but if these guys cant..then a new dev team needs too

XxPhillyxFanxX 07-14-2009 12:17 AM

When i save my favorite team in my preferences.. and then save..

i go into a lobby.. and leave the lobby.. and it changes my favorite team?

kinda strange

whippedbyjess 07-14-2009 01:46 AM

on offense the Ask Corso function does not appear to be working properly...it keeps suggesting the same play ALOT. Somebody else check this out and let me know what you thinnk

BSanders 07-14-2009 02:16 AM

When you get a safety sometimes it doesn't count.

erkizzlemynizzle 07-14-2009 02:22 AM

I am having real trouble setting up my defense every play because the CPU snaps the ball as soon as they get to the line. Really annoying for several reasons.

1. As mentioned, I can't set up my defensive schemes.

2. The Time of Possessions are very skewed to my side every game because I take my time on offense, the CPU does not. We will have the same amount of plays run in a game, but I will have almost 50% more time of possession every single game.

3. CPU never audibles, puts men in motion, tries to draw me offside, etc. I really hope there is a way to make this much more realistic.

dhs22p 07-14-2009 02:44 AM

When I make a team in teambuilder and try to make them have a blank endzone this is what happens:

CM Hooe 07-14-2009 02:47 AM

Game: TeamBuilder team with Virginia's helmet (player 2) @ completely custom created team on blue turf (player 1); night

Problem: on all plays, the numbers on the back of the preset UVa helmet are bright pink instead of white.

That's all I got. Liking this game so far.

okstate19 07-14-2009 03:51 AM

Don't know if this was already posted or not. If so, just delete.

Play clock glitch is still there. (i.e. you don't get the full 40 seconds)

1. Play in any game mode. After the play/cut screen ends, the time on the play clock will show 40 seconds, then automatically revert to 25 seconds.

Bug: You only get 25 seconds to choose your play no matter what.

Frequency: Every time.

Architekto 07-14-2009 08:09 AM

Bug: Wildcat formation (any). No quick audibles, not able to audible into any other play.

Frequency: every time, all modes.

Issue:There are no quick audibles in wildcat. I dont know if this is done by design or if it is a bug. I can see not being able to audible into other formations to prevent cheese (players out of position). But I think quick audibles should be in for the wildcat.

jaydee6385 07-14-2009 08:23 AM

How can some people jumpsnap everytime with their lb's?

Hokie20 07-14-2009 08:35 AM

Custom Stadium Sounds:

All sounds, especially scoring plays (TD, FG, PAT, Safety) are about 2 seconds delayed after when they should be playing - according to last year's game. The ref's whistle is delayed quite a bit as well, as if it's trying to load the song.

Also, the defense taking the field sound starts when the first down play starts - when it should be starting when the kickoff play has finished.

One other thing - the "Play Under Review" slot is missing from the game totally.

This is on the 360.

jaydee6385 07-14-2009 08:54 AM

Nevermind found it. Reporting it to Adam. This is big time glitching.

thehitokiri 07-14-2009 10:08 AM

Re: **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread** XBOX DIED

Ok I dont know if this is a glitch but they closed my thread and said to posted in here. I got the game friday and as I was playing this weekend I notice that whenever I would play the game the drive was making loud noises, I switced games to FIFA 09 and it wasnt the same. The noises I would hear while playing NCAA were louder. Well last night as I was playing the screen went black and I had to turn the xbox on and off and when I turned it on i got the 3 red lights. I was like "OH hell nah not again " this happend to me in december and I had to buy this new 360. I turned on and off again and it worked. This morning I wake up and wanted to add a teambuilder team and all of a sudden the screen went black and now the three red lights are here to stay !!! Do you think it was the game or what ?? because i played fifa 09 this weekend and like I said the drive would not make the loud noises as it did with NCAA. what do you guys think?

seasprite 07-14-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehitokiri (Post 2039824969)
Ok I dont know if this is a glitch but they closed my thread and said to posted in here. I got the game friday and as I was playing this weekend I notice that whenever I would play the game the drive was making loud noises, I switced games to FIFA 09 and it wasnt the same. The noises I would hear while playing NCAA were louder. Well last night as I was playing the screen went black and I had to turn the xbox on and off and when I turned it on i got the 3 red lights. I was like "OH hell nah not again " this happend to me in december and I had to buy this new 360. I turned on and off again and it worked. This morning I wake up and wanted to add a teambuilder team and all of a sudden the screen went black and now the three red lights are here to stay !!! Do you think it was the game or what ?? because i played fifa 09 this weekend and like I said the drive would not make the loud noises as it did with NCAA. what do you guys think?

I seriously doubt that your game caused the RROD. It sounds like more of a coincidence that it happend when you were playing NCAA10. RROD is not caused by the drive, it is a issue with the heatsyncs and the xclamps. If you box is out of warranty, try this repair, I have fixed many, many xboxs with this repair and actually have a side business doing so. http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332103

millikin54 07-14-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehitokiri (Post 2039824969)

I had a similar problem with a new game on my old 360, just about a year and a half ago. The new game made weird noises and had some issues, but my old games played fine. Then I got the permanent 3 lights. Long story short, my 360 was just past it's 3-year date and I went out and bought a new one.

andy4theherd 07-14-2009 10:31 AM

this was posted at herdnation:

So, i went to waly-world at midnight last night and was the first in line to pick up a copy of NCAA 2010 for xbox360. since i had to be at work at 7 the next day i was only able to play the first half of a MU vs UCF game. The game is pretty awesome graphically as you would amagine, but it had a few corks... very first play of the game (kickoff) two key players from each team were injured (UCF's DB and MU's third string TE/FB). Also, Marshalls LBs were ROLB #30, MLB #45, MLB #33, and LOLB #21 (look fimiliar huh?). Now i really dont have a problem with this but did they just not want to graduate kitchens or hoskins? then right before the half i was up 7-3 and UCF was on the 6 yardline and ran the ball to the corner of the endzone where my saftey #6 (ahmed shakoor who is like 6'4 225 beast with amazing speed) made the play knocking the ball carrier out of bounds at the 1 yd line, but the announcers said that he scored. the next play they lined up and kicked the PAT... the reason i didnt challenge the touchdown is because they didnt put six pionts up and after they kicked the PAT the score was 7-6. to beat it all it was only 3rd down? soo already on the first game i was surprised to have noticeable glitches. you know what else is strange... No #10 at QB in my depth chart.. meaning no Cann? lol i had no problem with this. MU was ranked as a C overall and the offence was a B and the Defence was a C.

c0mmish 07-14-2009 10:35 AM

You can't blame everything on the dev team. None of us work there. For all we know, resources have been cut -- EA isn't immune to the economy. The developers I work with have so much on their plate I don't know how they function. You have all these corporate types, many of which don't have a damn clue about the product they make decisions on or their target demographic, that just throw out all these stupid projects for them to do. They think everything is fesable. Just like all of us, we do the best we can with what we've got -- and sometimes we make mistakes or overlook something.

UtahUtes32 07-14-2009 12:34 PM

some edit player Glitches

* When editing a players size (arms, chest, etc) once you exit the player edit screen, after "Accepting Changes" go back in, and it will have completely different builds for the player than what you entered

* Is the Depth chart glitch back? I edited a few players for Utah, than it changed all of the starters, KR, LE just a few I noticed

msudogsrule 07-14-2009 12:44 PM

The helmet for Mississippi State is correct when playing an actual game, but the helmet on the splash screen on the schedule and when selecting teams is last year's helmet, and it is a BIG difference.

jeeve 07-14-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2039819538)
This has already been fixed in the patch.

How in the world can that have POSSIBLY been missed in playtesting?

Inexcusable glitch that I won't be able to fix in time, how on earth did you guys botch it up. This is just pathetic.

ckarlic 07-14-2009 01:16 PM

Re: **Official bugs and glitches thread**

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN13NSE (Post 2039809504)
Man, your mind is made up.

Seriously though... every thread you go in. Has to just be negative to NCAA '10.

Like your sarcasm is awesome, but can you give it a break or at least try the game?

Im with Bigdmo...I will not buy this game..Im waiting for Madden. The slider and roster glitches are only one of my issues with the game. Plus NCAA has never really been my cup of tea.

callmetaternuts 07-14-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architekto (Post 2039824598)
Bug: Wildcat formation (any). No quick audibles, not able to audible into any other play.

Frequency: every time, all modes.

Issue:There are no quick audibles in wildcat. I dont know if this is done by design or if it is a bug. I can see not being able to audible into other formations to prevent cheese (players out of position). But I think quick audibles should be in for the wildcat.

I believe they made the WIldcat this way so people wouldnt come out in Wildcat, and audible to another play to cheese.

I know for Madden it was made that way. They didn't want Online Joe to be able to screw around in the Wildcat and just audible out as he saw fit.

Architekto 07-14-2009 01:53 PM

And I agree completely about the wilcat cheese issue. I mean a simple solution is that if the qb is on the field, if the player audibles to another formation, then the qb would line up at his natural position in that formation.
My issue I guess is quick audibles, I would like to quick audible to a run if I know my double pass will get blown up for example....

DoomsDayD1978 07-14-2009 01:55 PM

Normally stay away from this type of thread every year no matter the game...but I have run into a bug with loading stadium sounds. I'm on PS3 and whenever I try to input a custom sound, the game crashes. Popped in my old copy of NCAA 09 and I'm able to input sounds with no problem. Put NCAA 10 back in and soon as I select a sound to input the screen freezes.

Everything else, gameplay wise is fine.

7stringking 07-14-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle (Post 2039823986)
I am having real trouble setting up my defense every play because the CPU snaps the ball as soon as they get to the line. Really annoying for several reasons.

1. As mentioned, I can't set up my defensive schemes.

2. The Time of Possessions are very skewed to my side every game because I take my time on offense, the CPU does not. We will have the same amount of plays run in a game, but I will have almost 50% more time of possession every single game.

3. CPU never audibles, puts men in motion, tries to draw me offside, etc. I really hope there is a way to make this much more realistic.

#3 is a BIG one!!!!!....WOW....How crappy is THAT?

miamicanes52 07-14-2009 02:41 PM

I recently started tinkering with the auto subs so I could get backup players some time and I'm a little concerned at what I'm seeing. I have seen this stuff in the last 4 or so games I have tried.

Here is an example:

- xbox 360 version
- I set auto sub for RB at 85 out and 95 in.
- I play on AA at 7 minutes
- I have fatigue turned on.
- I use Penn State and run very heavy (in this example I had 57 running plays).

Quick summary of events:

- Starting RB plays for about 1/2 of the first quarter then gets hurt and out for the game. Up until then, no other RB subbed in which I guess I can understand.

- Backup RB enters the game and plays all the way through mid third qtr, without any backup RB coming in

- Finally about the mid point of third QTR, backup RB comes in (really 3rd stringer).

- The third RB goes the entire rest of the game, until less than a minute left in the 4th QTR without ever being subbed. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

- With a minute left in the 4th, my fourth string RB comes back in and finishes the game. Why did my 2nd RB never come back (he was not injured)?

Observations:

- Once a RB got subbed for, it didn't appear they ever got back into the game, which seems odd since I have the 'in' at 95.

- Seems like the fatigue of a player takes a very long time before it takes effect.

- I have no idea why once a player comes out then never went back in. Maybe the replenishment of stamina is taking a very long time.

I also had all the other positions with customized auto subs (used last years) and no one on my defensive line ever came out.

I will try changing the auto sub numbers again, but this does have me a little concerned. I could understand it taking a little while longer to fatigue, but never to come back into the game, seems odd.

Anybody else test this yet?

THIS KILLS THE GAME FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE THIS IS FIXED IN THE PATCH

EcuHeisman 07-14-2009 02:54 PM

I had a great punt that landed inside my opponents 10 yard line and was downed. I was excited because i pinned them deep with only 15 seconds to go before half. Then they come out of the huddle on MY 45 YARD LINE....WHERE I PUNTED THE BALL FROM???? Come on thats gonna cost someone a game.

mmorg 07-14-2009 03:11 PM

1. Punt a ball that doesn't land in bounds but crosses the sideline before the goal line.

Bug: Game registers the punt as crossing the goal line and being a touch back.

Frequency: Every time I have had a good punt.

This is ruining my special teams play. :(

c0mmish 07-14-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeve (Post 2039825970)
How in the world can that have POSSIBLY been missed in playtesting?

Inexcusable glitch that I won't be able to fix in time, how on earth did you guys botch it up. This is just pathetic.

I don't know how testing works w/ video games, but I test fantasy sports games for a website and the testing environment differs from the production environment. So, things they seemed all messed up for us, may have worked fine for them. Again, I don't know what it's like over there, but that's what it's like where I work. Also, they may not be working with a test script -- which means the testing is basically a free for all and they're just testing off of knowledge of the game. That's how all the little "stupid" things get overlooked.

JayD 07-14-2009 04:08 PM

Anyone else a bit annoyed that the computer always hikes the ball on the first count? They pretty much step up to the line and hike the ball. Hasn't this been a problem in previous NCAA games as well? I really do hope they address this in a patch.