Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread** (/forums/showthread.php?t=333167)

blLLD0 07-19-2009 06:26 PM

Re: **Official Bugs And Glitches Thread**

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronko3 (Post 2039861095)
Last season when I had a stadium custom sound set up for 4th down defense, it would only play when the opponent actually was going for it. This season the 4th down defense custom sound plays no matter what including punts and FG attempts. It kind of kills the immersion a bit.

Having the same problem on the 360. Even when the CPU is in punt formation it plays the 4th down defense stadium sound, like they are attempting to get a first down, but they end up punting it.

bucknut88 07-19-2009 06:38 PM

ugh

I hate my game. Last year it this to too...

When I throw a td with anyone, it says the qb had a reception. So if I throw a 30 yard TD to Posey, the thing on the bottom right of the screen (pops up during xp) says Pryor 30 yard reception WTF

Anyone else have this?

rudyjuly2 07-19-2009 07:15 PM

I was playing with Pitt at WVU (cpu) in the Backyard Brawl and on one play, 2nd and 7 near midfield, one of the WVU safeties kept backing up before the snap until he was in the endzone when I snapped the ball. I don't know why that happened. I've only seen this once and I haven't read this thread so I apologize if this had been posted.

solofx7 07-19-2009 09:28 PM

I am not sure if this should be listed as an official glitch, but I think that it is.
This has been talked about in 2 different forms.
First it has been referred to as "rubber-band AI" or the sliders not working to be fixed with a patch.
But if you play one game, you will notice this immediately.
When you get a good play or break out into the open, the computer throws a flag for holding or clipping. Normally this happens well behind where the play currently is.
That being said, I know that I need not justify myself, but I have been playing EA games since the start and I am well aware of the issues with their games and bugs at launch.
And yes I am familiar with the sliders not working out of the box last year either.
But this particular bug is one that currently cannot be fixed with the sliders as they do not work.
Also I am not sure if I would consider it rubber banding AI because of the fact that the game is waiting till you make a good play and are in the clear for a touchdown and then makes a call based on something that has very little or no chance of affecting the play.
I just thought that I would point this out as I have played quite a few games, in the range of 20+ and I have had 3+ touchdowns called back per game, yes per game.

And no I am not a child ranting about the issues that have been documented already. I am an adult that is pointing out an issue that has happened so many times it is currently ruining the game experience.
I post this here in hopes that EA will see it and correct this.
This particular glitch is horribly disappointing for me.

MillerTime89 07-19-2009 10:25 PM

Guys i need help... i was starting a game.. between PSU and Illinois on my dynasty.. and i was selecting the jerseys.. everything was going good.. and so i started the game... and that is where i ran into a problem.. my screen says "please wait; connecting to the season showdown servers." now i have not saved any of my dynasty.. and therefore.. i hope this thing goes away and lets me play my game.. has this happened to anyone else yet? what do i do? its been up for a good 8 minutes now

mdw07 07-19-2009 11:00 PM

I just granted mercy to some kid online. The next game it said I was docked 50% of my showdown points for quitting my last game. I still have 0% DNF.........

Anyone else?

mavfan21 07-19-2009 11:12 PM

Dynasty Mode

All-American.

Using a Teambuilder import vs. Auburn

7 minute quarters, Chew Clock was on.

Auburn led 21-20 with less than 1:00 to go.

I was in the red zone and they had ALL 3 of their timeouts.

As I let the clock run down to set up for a field goal they STILL never called timeout until the clock het 23 seconds left. THEN they called all 3 timeouts in succession...which is illegal!!!

I don't know if this is a bug/glitch or just BAD AI. Either way it ruins the experience. I won easily but should have been forced to play D for at least a minute after I took the lead.

cbc72 07-19-2009 11:24 PM

xbox 360 Heisman 8 minute Quarters

Injury Bug

A player is injured and you are told it is minor and asked if you want to bench or play the player.

Choose Bench Player.

Player comes back in the game in the next play or soon after.

Frequency 100%

OK - I see another post that says the benching is only for the length of the injury, so I take it if it says he is injured for a quarter you can choose to override that? But I don't recall seeing the bench or play option for injuries that last a quarter or more.