Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I hate being extorted for custom playbooks.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=333626)

StonesRunIt 07-12-2009 07:01 PM

I hate being extorted for custom playbooks....

On Ps2 we had the ability to create formations, routes, playbooks and packages on offense and defense and it was fantastic. My friends and I would take the time to build custom playbooks just to pull a new wrinkle out on each other when we played.

It promoted strategey and kept the game fresh.

Now that the game has shifted to now current-gen, im being extorted to get a similar ( but not equal ) experience.

In 09 if I wanted to enjoy a feature i'd come to love for years, i had to purchase Head Coach, a game I personally felt was nothing but the franchise mode Madden should have had. Now not only would I have to purchase another game, i would have to buy another system. Amazing.

Im begining to feel like Marsellus Wallace.

I understand games are more costly to make now, but if anything maybe 10 dollar DLC could do the trick, but 200 bucks?

unisol_us 07-12-2009 07:09 PM

Re: I hate being extorted for custom playbooks....

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonesRunIt (Post 2039816103)
On Ps2 we had the ability to create formations, routes, playbooks and packages on offense and defense and it was fantastic. My friends and I would take the time to build custom playbooks just to pull a new wrinkle out on each other when we played.

It promoted strategey and kept the game fresh.

Now that the game has shifted to now current-gen, im being extorted to get a similar ( but not equal ) experience.

In 09 if I wanted to enjoy a feature i'd come to love for years, i had to purchase Head Coach, a game I personally felt was nothing but the franchise mode Madden should have had. Now not only would I have to purchase another game, i would have to buy another system. Amazing.

I understand games are more costly to make now, but if anything maybe 10 dollar DLC could do the trick, but 200 bucks?

Do you want it for online also? I think if it were online the would be a million exploit plays created.

baa7 07-12-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

I hate being extorted for custom playbooks.

Well put.

And we all have the option not to fork over the dough. I certainly don't.

Dr Death 07-12-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Simple solution... "I'm about to get medieval on his ***... You hear me talkin' EA? I ain't finished with you by a damn sight..."

:boxing: LOL

StonesRunIt 07-12-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Death (Post 2039816197)
Simple solution... "I'm about to get medieval on his ***... You hear me talkin' EA? I ain't finished with you by a damn sight..."

:boxing: LOL

lol

StonesRunIt 07-12-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baa7 (Post 2039816183)
Well put.

And we all have the option not to fork over the dough. I certainly don't.

Wont? If thats the case, me neither. Its the equivilent of McDonalds all of a sudden requiring you to buy fries and a drink to get buns for your burger.

43Chargers4Now 07-12-2009 07:52 PM

I think that EA wants people to keep dropping money on Head Coach 09 until it stops making money before we're gonna get custom playbooks.

That method makes more money for a merchant, but is annoying to we consumers.

kcarr 07-12-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unisol_us (Post 2039816139)
Do you want it for online also? I think if it were online the would be a million exploit plays created.

Who cares if it creates exploit plays for online??? Guess what, online is already filled with exploits and cheese. If you continue playing against those same players that is not going to change no matter what EA does. There is no way there will ever be a perfectly balanced exploit free game so why punish those of us who don't play with the cheesers online?