Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Players with overall 59 and 94 speed. (/forums/showthread.php?t=333814)

akabarneyphife 07-13-2009 12:05 PM

Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

In last year's NCAA 09 .....

Played most of all last year on NCAA 09..... but I finally had it when in the online drafts all people were looking for were players with high SPEED ratings, OVERALL rating had no effect what so ever.

(even I had to ..to stay competitive... but then I decided this wasn't football anymore)

That is what online dynasties were made up of .... players that had extremely poor OVERALL ratings but had really high SPEED ratings.

So I noticed some of you were already playing NCAA 10 ......so could you fill me in and tell me this is not the case in NCAA 10? :y220:

I need to know OVERALL ratings count for something!

tate09 07-13-2009 01:33 PM

Re: Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

speed will always reign supreme until there is an AI that actually takes awareness into account.

the only offensive positions where ratings matter seems to be OL.

low rated AWR players on offense should have assignment busts left and right so it's a huge gamble to put them in the game.

defensively i kind of look at it like this. on heisman all of my CPU controlled players will play ******** so i might as well have fast ******s that can make up for being horribly out of position every single play.

TrapStar215 07-13-2009 01:34 PM

That means other ratings, like catching and ball control SUCKS! So just.....

Hit stick!:woot:

Ziza9Noles94 07-13-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrapStar215 (Post 2039819473)
That means other ratings, like catching and ball control SUCKS! So just.....

Hit stick!:woot:

Exactly. As in real life, fast is fast no matter what. But being a track star can't make up for no hands, a 32 in strength, and no awareness. Knock that fast no catching fool out. haha

smokeyvol 07-13-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akabarneyphife (Post 2039819017)
In last year's NCAA 09 .....

Played most of all last year on NCAA 09..... but I finally had it when in the online drafts all people were looking for were players with high SPEED ratings, OVERALL rating had no effect what so ever.

(even I had to ..to stay competitive... but then I decided this wasn't football anymore)

That is what online dynasties were made up of .... players that had extremely poor OVERALL ratings but had really high SPEED ratings.

So I noticed some of you were already playing NCAA 10 ......so could you fill me in and tell me this is not the case in NCAA 10? :y220:

I need to know OVERALL ratings count for something!

Sleep well.... Speed does not kill in '10. Over-all rating does mean a lot more this year. We ran a short dynasty to test things out...Fastest I saw was a 4.28+/- (and there was only 2 to 4 guys like that)

I feel comfortable this year recruiting a power-back! Last year they were useless.

TrapStar215 07-13-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94 (Post 2039819486)
Exactly. As in real life, fast is fast no matter what. But being a track star can't make up for no hands, a 32 in strength, and no awareness. Knock that fast no catching fool out. haha

There has been a lot of track stars in the pass years that have when to NFL rookie camps, to try out. And they were one of the first to be cut. Because they have NO football skill, just speed.

da ThRONe 07-13-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeyvol (Post 2039819511)
Sleep well.... Speed does not kill in '10. Over-all rating does mean a lot more this year. We ran a short dynasty to test things out...Fastest I saw was a 4.28+/- (and there was only 2 to 4 guys like that)

I feel comfortable this year recruiting a power-back! Last year they were useless.

What did you do to test this?

TrapStar215 07-13-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da ThRONe (Post 2039819863)
What did you do to test this?

Yeah, I'm also a little curious.