Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=335010)

sra9888 07-15-2009 10:42 PM

Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

1 - Convert to a calendar presentation. Similar to College Hoops 2k8. I would like to see recruiting, the spring game, etc presented in a calendar format. This would also help for other improvements I would like to see that are mentioned later.

2 - Expanded Rosters. If it's in the game... It should be in NCAA. Please expand rosters to the REAL LIFE 85 man scholarship limit. This would give users the opportunity to make a perfect roster set. Even if there is little knowledge of who these players are, it will help to bring realism and depth to rosters.

3 - This isn't as important as the others, but I would like to see FCS teams return to this game. This is another feature that would bring more realism to the game. Never heard of a FCS East.

4 - Full Coaching Staffs. I would like to be able to have a head coach with coach ratings like College Hoops 2k8 and a full staff with ratings in several categories. I would like to see ratings in not just the recruiting abilities, but also ratings in maximizing talent during games as well as improving players. A full staff would consist of (1) head coach, (9) assistant coaches, and (3) graduate assistants. Also, since there are a variety of ways schools use these assistants, I would like to see an ability to creatively assign the staff members to different aspects of the team. (See FBS coaching staffs for examples)

I would also like to see a coaching carousel and coaches improving/declining in abilities. Also, coaches moving up on staffs, being hired away, retiring, etc. Also having some smarter players that don't have pro potential become GAs etc.

5 - Player Suspensions. I know this may not be possible, but if there is ANY WAY to make this work please pursue this. It was an excellent feature in past games that brings depth and strategy to the game. It would also bring another recruiting tool (Coach Integrity)

6 - Bring a financial aspect to this game. This is very in depth and ties into other aspects of the game I would like to see implemented. First, if your team underachieves, boosters become upset and your money declines which would negatively impact recruiting, and alters scheduling philosophies in a way to generate revenue. (will go more in depth in #9)

7 - Career mode. This would go with coach movement etc. Give the ability to start at a small school and work your way up by achieving goals much like College Hoops 2k8.

8 - Practice. This would factor into the calendar feature. College football is about much more than just recruiting and Saturdays. I would like to see in depth practices. Work on different plays and styles of play and see an impact on how effective those plays are on Gamedays. If you work on certain plays make them more likely to succeed and if you work on running the ball then make those players improve faster etc. Also have the possibility of injuries during practice etc. Make the 1st day of practice like they are in real life. Practices leading up to spring game and then preseason practicing etc. There is so much you can do with this to make it an amazing dynasty experience.

9 - Expanded scheduling. This would be great with the financial aspect. First you can generate revenue by accepting deals to go play at big money programs. (do you take a game against an opponent you will likely lose to in order to generate much needed revenue, or do you take an easy victory but lose out on some cash or even pay for a weaker team to visit you) Also, have the ability for home and home or 2 for 1 series. Schedule up to 3 or 4 years into the future where you're not really sure what your roster will look like. With this, add the buyout option. This would be placed into the original contract you sign with other schools, so if you have extra money and decide that another team would be an easier win OR that you could get a nationally televised game and want out of your deal to lock up more money etc.

10 - Deeper Recruiting. Begin recruiting players before their Senior season in HS. See player statistics and have your coaching staff impact how you view players. Have staff members scout and recruit each week etc. Staff members can recruit different areas of the country and find "diamonds in the rough" etc.

Those are the 10 things that have come to my mind right now. What are your thoughts? If there are any NCAA developers that come across this, please feel free to discuss your thoughts on what is feasible. NCAA dynasty mode has become stale and I would love to see it jumpstarted in a big way.

sra9888 07-15-2009 10:44 PM

Re: Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

I realize this is a LOT to handle, but I think that taking the Madden route and making some of these features available online etc would give you an opportunity to fit these things into the game if space is an issue.

Also if someone doesnt want to go through all the practices etc, there should be a feature to turn it off.

radoslaw77 07-15-2009 11:30 PM

I largely agree.

I think you'd have to start with Head coach, and two coordinators.

You'd have to be able to sim the practice stuff.

And I think it'd be great to have some penalties. Have the NCAA take away 5 scholarships a year for cheating. Give the players back their GPAs.

mmorg 07-16-2009 12:05 AM

Make recruiting a little more in-depth. I'd like to actually have to send scouts to see a guy and get his numbers. The more I send scouts the more accurate those numbers get. I would love to see something like this. Then once in a while your scout can totally over estimate a guys speed and he becomes that 5-star recruit who really is a 3-star dud. You can also have the opposite of that. I think this would really make recruiting better on the whole.

jth1331 07-16-2009 12:23 AM

Honestly, I don't intend to be trolling in this, but really, a lot of these seem to be too tedious.
I agree with the coaching staff, and ratings, but 9 coach assistants? Really, you would only need 3, Offense, defense and special teams, at max. Going to 9, thats creating over a 1,000 assistant coaches, not to mention head coaches.

Player suspensions need to be added, and college/university scholarship penalties, but that won't see in game at all IMO as it reflects negatively against the NCAA.

I remember back to the hyped up NFL 2k5, and it had weekly gameplanning, and it was the most tedious thing ever in a football game IMO that ended up being almost irrelevant and a waste of time. With that, I don't think practices really need to be integrated like that. Maybe just have the option to sim them with no penalty.

UTAllTheWay 07-16-2009 12:41 AM

I'd like to see scouts put into the game.

That's one thing I really like about professional sports games is the way they implement scouts. In NBA 2k games, just because a college player starts the season as an A+ overall type of guy... doesn't mean he will finish the season that high. I saw a few players on NBA 2k9 drop from a Lottery (top 15) pick to 2nd round draft picks because the scouts were able see their true potential.

I would love to see this in NCAA Football as well. I mean, yeah, it is convenient to be able to sign a 5-star recruit during the first week of the season knowing that his overall is going to be pretty high... but it shouldn't always work that way. You should have to scout the players to see if they really are as good as people predict them to be.

Also, I would like them to bring back player suspensions and discipline, etc. I really don't like being able to go out and sign everybody I possibly can knowing that there won't be any problems with them. There should be some troublemakers in the game.

That would really be enough to get me excited about Dynasty even more.

sra9888 07-16-2009 01:36 AM

Another thing I would like to see would be more communication with players on your roster and an ability to recruit players who are looking to transfer.

Lets say you take a new job and some of the players there don't really fit into your playing style. You should be able to tell them, "hey man, you probably won't see much playing time so we will let you out of your scholarship if you would like to transfer." That would open up a scholarship and they would be able to pursue the career elsewhere.

The 9 assistants is just an interest of mine because that is more realistic. Also, it gives each team a LOT of room to manage a team in their own style.

If it is too tedious for some, I would definately hope they made every function capable of being set to CPU control.

MLB The Show is extremely in depth and that is one of the main reasons why I would like the consumers to rise up and say stop taking shortcuts and providing flashy BS and give us REAL FOOTBALL. Otherwise they may as well call this game NCAA Blitz 2011

Playmaker24 07-16-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay (Post 2039837754)
I'd like to see scouts put into the game.

That's one thing I really like about professional sports games is the way they implement scouts. In NBA 2k games, just because a college player starts the season as an A+ overall type of guy... doesn't mean he will finish the season that high. I saw a few players on NBA 2k9 drop from a Lottery (top 15) pick to 2nd round draft picks because the scouts were able see their true potential.

I would love to see this in NCAA Football as well. I mean, yeah, it is convenient to be able to sign a 5-star recruit during the first week of the season knowing that his overall is going to be pretty high... but it shouldn't always work that way. You should have to scout the players to see if they really are as good as people predict them to be.

Agreed, I think what really needs to be done is how we rethink about acquiring players in Dynasty Mode.

Seriously, the whole telephone and pitch is rather dull and really does not show how college recruiting is done. If I am USC, I should not have to tell a recruit about my prestige.

What would be more interesting is, have a certain amount of your coaching staff be sent out to view players and report back to you of their finding. Then you can have the option to go do it yourself to target certain players or let them handle it.

There should be no limit to who or where you should recruit, certain players will want to come to certain schools due to a myraid of reasons and if you build your program up, good players will come to your school.