Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   FIFA 10 Preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=335345)

ChaseB 07-16-2009 04:38 PM

FIFA 10 Preview

I can never go back to playing FIFA 09. That’s the thought that went through my head when I played through my first game of FIFA 10 at E3. I didn’t publicly say that at the time because I didn’t want it to be hyperbole for the sake of hyperbole. But after playing FIFA 10 for the second time, I don’t think it’s even hyperbole to say such a thing -- it’s just the truth.

The moment you take a step onto the practice arena pitch in FIFA 10, I truly believe you will feel the same way. I say that because of the 360-degree dribbling, tied in with the minute movements that come with full player control, really does change the game for the better. After all, when playing any sports game, having more control of your players is never a bad thing.

Read More - FIFA 10 Preview

Whitesox 07-16-2009 07:41 PM

Great preview chase! Lets hope those negatives were only a part of this build.

Logic Doctor 07-16-2009 10:24 PM

Great Preview. I cant wait for FIFA 10 this year. It sounds like its going to be a solid gamplay upgrade. Im just hoping that manager mode gets the proper fixes and they infuse some sort of player customization (i.e. player sock length, shorts length, headbands, wristbands, knee brace, ankle brace, etc...)

"It was great to see the AI-controlled Ronaldo doing skill moves, but at the same time it didn’t really seem like that was the virtual Ronaldo out there."

I think you touched on a important issue here which my initial point also reperesents. That is differentiating the superstar players with their own animations or at least using the current animations similar to how each particualr superstar uses them. Maybe even superstars individual running styles?

So excited!!!!!

Logic Doctor 07-16-2009 10:26 PM

By the way,
Did they develop fifa 10 on the PS3 and are porting it tho the 360, or did they develop it on the 360 and are porting it to the PS3?

bronco92 07-16-2009 10:33 PM

Re: FIFA 10 Preview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logic Doctor (Post 2039844196)
By the way,
Did they develop fifa 10 on the PS3 and are porting it tho the 360, or did they develop it on the 360 and are porting it to the PS3?

It doesn't work like that. There is central technology designed to work with both 360 and PS3's.

tescalumni2000 07-17-2009 12:53 AM

All I want to know, is if they are finally giving the USA some love? I am tired of seeing them rated so far below Mexico and other teams they consistently are ahead of in FIFA's rankings.

My GOD, can those blokes in charge of FIFA please stop hating on the USA? I would also like to see the MLS get the roster updates this year, but I know that won't happen.

IS USA BETTER?

thelems 07-17-2009 01:00 AM

Comparatively, how does the Franchise--err, Manager Mode rank with other titles like PES and FM? This has always been FIFAs weak point relative to other titles (direct football competition and within other EA titles) and is probably the deciding factor on changing its public perception (and mine)...

Whitesox 07-17-2009 01:16 AM

Re: FIFA 10 Preview

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelems (Post 2039845211)
Comparatively, how does the Franchise--err, Manager Mode rank with other titles like PES and FM? This has always been FIFAs weak point relative to other titles (direct football competition and within other EA titles) and is probably the deciding factor on changing its public perception (and mine)...

Manager mode will NEVER be at the level of FM. That is because FM makes the entire game manager mode, and spends all of their time on it. I believe EA has a manager title...right?