Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Teambuilder Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Rivals! (/forums/showthread.php?t=335606)

moylan1234 07-17-2009 02:51 AM

Rivals!

This doesn't seem to be working as advertised for me. I replaced Cinci/Louisville with UNH/UMass respectively and now UNH/UMass are not listed as rivals. Also, by default Syracuse has only WVU and Rutgers listed as rivals, but UConn has Syracuse and Rutgers as theirs. How can a rivalry only go one way? When I replace Syracuse with Suffolk. Suffolk only has WVU while UConn only has Rutgers as a rivals, but WVU doesn't list Suffolk as one of theirs, again I don't get how it can only be a rivalry from one end? Has anyone else noticed anything similiar?

prowler 07-17-2009 03:39 AM

Re: Rivals!

Yea I noticed that too.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...truncated.html

Quote:

I was messing around in dynasty mode with custom schools and noticed they weren't inheriting all the rivals of the school they replaced. At first I thought it was because I used a school with only one rival so I double checked.

Started a dynasty with Florida and its rivals are: FSU, Miami, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Started another dynasty with a custom school replacing Florida and the only rival was Florida State.

So custom schools don't inherit rivalries they inherit the first rival, I'll keep checking just to be sure.

Update: Started another dynasty with Notre Dame, rivalries are: USC, Boston College, Michigan and Stanford.

Started a dynasty and replaced Notre Dame with a custom school (different from the one I replaced Florida with) and the only rivalry was USC.

Squeezee12 07-19-2009 07:40 PM

Ya been waiting for rosters to start my dynasty and just found this out today...... I spent months planning who my teams were gonna be replacing so the rivals lined up... And now none are rivals... At least they are all in the same conference so they will play each other.... I see how it would be messed up if someones teams werent in the same conference...

Kodos 07-19-2009 08:40 PM

This kinda sucks.