Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Fight Night Round 4: Strategical Mindsets (/forums/showthread.php?t=337323)

RaychelSnr 07-21-2009 11:21 AM

Fight Night Round 4: Strategical Mindsets

Anybody can throw a punch. It’s evading those punches that make boxing the sport it is. Fight Night Round 4 retains that quality by rewarding patient fighters with a counter-punch system, while also letting knockout artists enjoy their time in the sun as well.

But at the end of the day, while slugfests are fun, they are not conducive to consistent success. Getting a knockout is nice, but winning on the scorecards definitely still counts. So here are some tools of the trade for the sweet science. They won’t guarantee you a victory, but you will avoid the toss-up nature of a brawl.

Read More - Fight Night Round 4: Strategical Mindsets

Complex 07-21-2009 11:41 AM

chea!

IStillDoWhatIDo 07-21-2009 01:12 PM

Re: Fight Night Round 4: Strategical Mindsets

my strategy going into a fight is based on my opponents record and their boxer of choice.

if they have a sorry record, I'm looking for a KO within the first 3 rounds. if they're good, I'm looking to box, but 8 times out o 10, they'll be body spamming, so it ends up being a slug fest of sorts because they FORCE close action..

TheUndisputedKingLBJ 07-21-2009 01:32 PM

i do this and im still gettin whopped lmao

Outtamind 07-21-2009 02:02 PM

Thanks for the article, but the info is a little vague to be of much use.

clivo1050 07-21-2009 02:25 PM

Re: Fight Night Round 4: Strategical Mindsets

If you fight realistically, you will win the majority of the time. It's the body spammers who are very tough to beat. I forget my record but i'm roughly 160-25 in WC mode online. Bob & weave, mix up combos, get in and out and use head movement. This is a recipe for success.

BedBug 07-21-2009 08:00 PM

"But at the end of the day, while slugfests are fun, they are not conducive to consistent success." If you want a slugfest go play Facebreaker. Fight Night's are supposed to be sims and it's fun to play people who actually BOX you dummy. I really wish EA would start separating lobbies between chodes who come out and just start swinging, like the douche who wrote this article, and people who want a straight forward boxing match.

Birdman18 07-21-2009 10:14 PM

hey Bed Bug, get the hell outta here... funny how you took all this time to read this post, and the time to criticize it in a whole paragraph just to call the guy a douche.. get a life guy... FAIL