Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=337609)

Silent Nature 07-22-2009 11:16 AM

Re: SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360)

Georgia Tech 10, Florida 7

(using v1.2 sliders at the moment that hasn't been posted yet)

I went with Georgia Tech to take it to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium against UF. It was a great defensive battle with Georgia Tech eating up the clock with "chew clock". GT racked up 31:13 minutes while holding UF to only 5:05, due to triple option offense.

UF got 2 key forced fumbles to stop my drives short, but they weren't able to convert a 3rd down the entire game, due to my aggressive defense.

I had 55 rushes for 227 yards and the only TD of the game. 1-1 passing for 4 yards. UF went 9-18 passing for 51 yards and 9 rushes for -3 yards.

The key thing is that my gameplan worked to keep the ball away from UF's offense and make them capitalize on their limited opportunities, but they blew it in this game.

I probably should make their blocking stronger though.

Silent Nature 07-22-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMan350Z (Post 2039878983)
wow playing as UGA getting straight owned by ARMY!?!?! lol, QB (80 spd) has 2 TD's; 38 yards and 70 yards...wtf lol

I guess you were seriously underestimating All American level. :spit:

EA Sports actually made it better.

JHedges2 07-22-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Nature (Post 2039879005)
I guess you were seriously underestimating All American level. :spit:

EA Sports actually made it better.

No, I seriously underestimated the difference in the new sliders!!! It's great, can't wait to hone in on the best set!

Silent Nature 07-22-2009 11:27 AM

Okay, v1.2 sliders have been updated and posted in the first post.

It's starting to become more smoother. I noticed that you can really have a huge difference in stats between games. If you chew clock the whole game, you can really affect the entire game.

If you don't chew the clock, you could be into a whole different game, than if you were chewing the clock. Situations are taken in account differently throughout the game.

Other thing I noticed is that UF's offense really sucks with CPU A.I. UF would be a very dangerous team if they had a different playbook.

Silent Nature 07-22-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trendsetter09 (Post 2039878834)
OKay I'm playing a ND-USC rivalry with these sliders. Here's a couple of things I noticed before I post the stats:

1. TONS of Holding penalties for the computer.

2. No effective human pass rush. O-Lineman are pancaking all of the ND lineman. QB has tons of time to pass.

3. It my be that the USC running backs are absolute beasts but they are running all over me right now.

4. Kicking is tremendously harder. I haven't missed an XP yet but USC has.

Stats:
ND:
Passing- J. Clausen - 15/30, 106.4 QB Rating, 1 TD, 2 INTs
Rushing- A. Allen- 14 attempts, 35 yards, 0 TD

USC:
Passing- A. Corp- 8/14, 120.7 QB Rating, 0TD, 0INT
Rushing- C. Gable- 10 attempts, 208 yards, 1 TD, 20.8 AVG
J. McKnight- 3 attempts, 21 yards, 2 TD, 7.0 AVG

Hopefully we can shut it down the second half. The score is 23-7 USC on top.

I believe USC is very aggressive with their gameplan. They like to go for 4th downs a lot as well. I would expect a lot of holding or other penalties from USC because they like to go with an aggressive gameplan. If they're going to bust out for big runs, they're going to risk some penalties.

MMMonty 07-22-2009 11:37 AM

Excellent, I'm going to test out these sliders in a bit. I'll check back after I've played a game

GaryT531 07-22-2009 11:41 AM

I consider myself an average player at best when it comes to the NCAA series. I used to play on varsity, but I'm ready for all-american.

Here's what I'm looking for:

I want to play games where anything can happen. One game can be like a 45-35 final score of a big 12 game which is common in that conference. Another game could have a 10-6 final score, which is common in the big ten.

I know that was hard last year because the 09 version was very offense friendly, so most games resulted with high scores.

I'm also looking for accurate QB passing stats. I think that maybe 22-30 for 225 yards happens more often than 7-28 for 67 yards. I'd rather see those stats based on the teams and players more than my ability playing the game, if that even makes sense. I'm sure there's someone out there who understands where I'm coming from, who feels the same way that I do.

So I guess what I want to know is, are these sliders intended to make the game more realistic, or more challenging? Do you believe I will get the desired results that I am looking for with this set? Thanks.

trendsetter09 07-22-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Nature (Post 2039879065)
I believe USC is very aggressive with their gameplan. They like to go for 4th downs a lot as well. I would expect a lot of holding or other penalties from USC because they like to go with an aggressive gameplan. If they're going to bust out for big runs, they're going to risk some penalties.

Good point. As a side note, there were three missed extra points in all. 1 by me (ND) and 2 by USC.