Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Redshirt a Senior??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=337861)

rcdawgs 07-22-2009 08:47 PM

Redshirt a Senior???

A question has come up in one of my ODs, so I thought I would get a consensus here. If you redshirt a senior will they leave anyway, thus wasting his senior year?

Its Vanilla 07-22-2009 08:52 PM

Re: Redshirt a Senior???

I remember trying this a few years ago back on the PS2. They left at the end of the season.

So unless it's changed, and I'm assuming it hasn't, don't do it.

Tuxedo9000 07-22-2009 09:20 PM

If you redshirt a senior, he'll just be a redshirt senior the next year.

I had the dilemma of redshirting Keiland Williams for LSU in our yearly OD so that I'd have a legitamate every down back next year while I get another back for the future.

rcdawgs 07-22-2009 09:23 PM

Keeping to "Sim" as close as possible anyone know if this has ever happened in real life, on any team? Excluding a medical redshirt of course.

jobalo85 07-22-2009 09:25 PM

A senior would never be redshirted unless it was for NCAA violations or Medical redshirt. If your trying to be as 'sim' as possible, it shouldn't be allowed.

jbrew2411 07-22-2009 09:42 PM

Other then medical the only time I can remember is WKU did it when they made the jump to FBS. They played UGA the year before that full time jump and they had a few guys that they set out that were jr & sr. But to just red shirt I would say only medical. I have done it before but I don't aim for "sim" since it is a video game.

kingwill53 07-22-2009 10:03 PM

only reason to do it so you can have a better team next season... like if you have a 1 star school and you have a sr hb or wr and everything else sucks i would

Miami3344 07-22-2009 10:11 PM

Or if a player changes position...

Take for example Sam Shields (The U)

He was a WR fresh-jr year...Shannon asked him to move to CB...he did...

rumor had it if he didn't pick up D quick enough, he was going to redshirt this year...meaning he will be a Senior (RS)