Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Teambuilder Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Adam, a one year to subscription to clipart.com costs about $149 (/forums/showthread.php?t=338141)

2krules 07-23-2009 04:35 PM

Adam, Suggestions For Teambuilder Generic Logos

I just realized the thread title may seem disrespectful; I'm sorry, I don't mean for it to be. I just have some suggestions that I truly think will help.

If you don't have the resources to allocate to people to create some good generic logos for next year, you can get a 1 year subscription to clipart.com for $149 or $199. They have a ton of clipart that you can use for business purposes. I've had a membership and there are lots of good stuff there that can be used for logos. An awful lot of these are better than the generic logos in NCAA 10. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that the people who created these are bad artists. Some of them are quite good on an artistic level (the Bandits and the Sharks come to mind). But they were created for madden, and they have a pro style. Most are not the type of logos used on college helmets.

You might also consider letting us have a text editor next year so we can create alphabet-based logos.

OMT 07-23-2009 06:38 PM

Re: Adam, Suggestions For Teambuilder Generic Logos

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2krules (Post 2039888664)
I just realized the thread title may seem disrespectful; I'm sorry, I don't mean for it to be. I just have some suggestions that I truly think will help.

If you don't have the resources to allocate to people to create some good generic logos for next year, you can get a 1 year subscription to clipart.com for $149 or $199. They have a ton of clipart that you can use for business purposes. I've had a membership and there are lots of good stuff there that can be used for logos. An awful lot of these are better than the generic logos in NCAA 10. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that the people who created these are bad artists. Some of them are quite good on an artistic level (the Bandits and the Sharks come to mind). But they were created for madden, and they have a pro style. Most are not the type of logos used on college helmets.

You might also consider letting us have a text editor next year so we can create alphabet-based logos.

I doubt we could use that for content in a game... at least for that price.

I know our generic logos are pretty lacking. I definitely want to beef that up in the future.

2krules 07-23-2009 06:40 PM

Re: Adam, Suggestions For Teambuilder Generic Logos

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2039889469)
I doubt we could use that for content in a game... at least for that price.

I know our generic logos are pretty lacking. I definitely want to beef that up in the future.

Thanks.

And I appreciate you not getting offended; it certainly wasn't my intent.

Rivals 07-23-2009 10:48 PM

Re: Adam, a one year to subscription to clipart.com costs about $149

Buy photoshop elements instead. All of my logos are custom made off of logos I found off the web. I just crop, tweak, fill etc.

2krules 07-24-2009 12:15 AM

Re: Adam, a one year to subscription to clipart.com costs about $149

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivals (Post 2039891185)
Buy photoshop elements instead. All of my logos are custom made off of logos I found off the web. I just crop, tweak, fill etc.

Yeah, I use Photoshop Elements as well. It's got everything I need and I didn't have to spend nearly as much as I would have if I bought the full Photoshop.

I created a nice retro-looking Rams logo when I realized I couldn't use actual NFL logos.

But the reason I suggested that EA create better generic logos is for those of us for whom it is a hassle to connect our Xbox 360s to the internet.