Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can we TURN OFF NAMES under players during action? (/forums/showthread.php?t=338322)

DarkFudge 07-24-2009 01:07 AM

Can we TURN OFF NAMES under players during action?

EA and Ian, fantastic demo and Im looking forward to a great game. I have one small request 'if' it isnt already in the game as an option....its such an easy one too

Is there an option to TURN OFF Player Names under a player during the actual action if we want? While , it is very helpful during the PRE SNAP at the Line Of Scrimmage, I would love to have the option to turn it off during the actual unfolding of the play. I think its a bit intrusive and cluttered and ruins the sense of realism to see a name under the player during the live action

I know the previous GEN games had this option and it kept the screen nice and clean with minimal junk...now if we could just figure a way to make those darn Reciever buttons onscreen look a little less monstrous....I may be pushing it now

But in this case less is more...and the cleaner the screen from this stuff, the realer the experience for some like me

thanks!

DarkFudge 07-24-2009 09:12 AM

Re: Can we TURN OFF NAMES under players during action?

Anyone know if this is actually already in the game as an option this year?

airsoftking 07-24-2009 09:15 AM

I'd like to know this as well.

TheWatcher 07-24-2009 09:17 AM

I lobbied for the ability to turn off any and/or all indicators, but that's not going to happen. And I won't even mention the BIG RED reason why we need this.

Maybe next year.

airsoftking 07-24-2009 09:28 AM

ugh! seriously??? This is almost a game breaker to me! I can't believe it. This should be an option, what was EA thinking??? It seems like every time they do something well, they find a way to screw up other little things. damn it!

TheWatcher 07-24-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airsoftking (Post 2039893060)
ugh! seriously??? This is almost a game breaker to me! I can't believe it. This should be an option, what was EA thinking??? It seems like every time they do something well, they find a way to screw up other little things. damn it!

Sorry if I came across the wrong way... I'm not sure if we can turn names off or not. I just wanted to point out that there are a number of things that we still can't turn off if we want. This may or may not be one of them.

leo2k2ndc 07-24-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airsoftking (Post 2039893060)

LoL, I hate the term 'game breaker' especially when it's used on something that has nothing to do with the game at all really. If the running animations and everything else worked like their real life counterparts, I'd play with PS2 graphics.

DarkFudge 07-24-2009 04:27 PM

For me it wouldnt be a gamebreaker per se but it is an eyesore and a visual distraction that just isnt necessary. I know who my players are by their numbers during the actual action....I'd love the ability to turn it off during the live action so it only comes up during presnap COACH Scans/Reads or whatever you call that high up play diagram cam thingie