Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Season Showdown, is there a way to turn it off? (/forums/showthread.php?t=338531)

Arkavian 07-24-2009 02:37 PM

Season Showdown, is there a way to turn it off?

I turned it on by mistake while checking it out. However I don't see a way to turn it off.

Is it possible to do so?

ElroyJetson 07-24-2009 03:00 PM

Re: Season Showdown, is there a way to turn it off?

nope theres no way to turn it off once its on

dsciara21 07-24-2009 03:04 PM

it shouldnt really matter if you play with some sportsmanship

Bigdmo9999 07-24-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsciara21 (Post 2039895154)

lol, he probably doesn't want the stupid pop-ups or the scoring summery and all that stuff

this is why I didn't sign up for it and haven't even clicked on the menu, that's too bad you accidentally signed up for this worthless feature.

six 07-24-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Sportsmanship? The stupid thing docks me points for throwing the dang ball in the second half to get first downs to milk the clock...with my backup redshirt freshman QB who needs to throw to get experience...give me a break...that sportsmanship feature is dumb, especially for off line dynasties IMO.

Solidice 07-24-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999 (Post 2039895219)
lol, he probably doesn't want the stupid pop-ups or the scoring summery and all that stuff

this is why I didn't sign up for it and haven't even clicked on the menu, that's too bad you accidentally signed up for this worthless feature.

you already get the pop-ups though even if you don't sign-up(at least the skill ones), so in the end it doesn't matter much. however the sportsmanship part is way too sensitive(and only there is you sign-up).

you can't run a Texas Tech-style offense because it's unsportsmanlike and you get docked -50 pr -100, even if you pass on 3 and 20 in the 3rd quarter when only winning 24-7. :google:

the only way i know of to play without SS active is to play while not logged into xbox live, which is dumb.

Bigdmo9999 07-24-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039895261)
you already get the pop-ups though even if you don't sign-up(at least the skill ones), so in the end it doesn't matter much. however the sportsmanship part is way too sensitive(and only there is you sign-up).

you can't run a Texas Tech-style offense because it's unsportsmanlike and you get docked -50 pr -100, even if you pass on 3 and 20 in the 3rd quarter when only winning 24-7. :google:

the only way i know of to play without SS active is to play while not logged into xbox live, which is dumb.

The pop-ups aren't as noticeable as getting 10 points for punting. I get a little thing that says I got a user tackle or something. Either way, I don't need the game judging me because I punted or something, it was a waste of resources when we could have so much more.

Arkavian 07-24-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

I do play with sportsmanship, but the problem is I can't work in my back ups to get meaningful play offline in my dynasty.

Like others mentioned if I'm up say 28 to 7 and trying to milk clock, and it's 3rd and long, and I throw to convert, I get penalized for trying to do something that a real team would do.

I hope they patch this feature in the future to include an ability to turn it off as for me, it's worthless considering I play with a teambuilder team anyways.

Plus the "penalty" or "reward" is so off base it's stupid.

Kneel with the QB, you get 5 points, punt the ball you get 10, convert on 3rd and long while up by a couple of scores to try to milk the clock, and you get a negative 100.