Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   2 BIG gameplay problems (/forums/showthread.php?t=338721)

phillyfan23 07-24-2009 10:44 PM

2 BIG gameplay problems

I am always looking for big gameplay issues in sports games and usually I find more than 2.....this one so far 2 biggies that hopefully can be patched.

I put the thread here since the more detailed gamers and "game testers" visit this part of the ncaa forum. Anyways, here they are:

1) too easy to scramble outside with QBs even with average speed. Next time you're flushed out notice how the safeties/LBers have no awareness when you scramble, and will converge when you're 8 yards deep running. The only time the scramble doesnt work is if the cpu has QB shadow, or the defensive end breaks free and chases. if the cpu employs zone or straight man to man ( most of the time) you can really abuse the outside scramble. i used the Ohio State QB just to test and he had a field day.

2) Press coverage too effective to use for the USER. No risk or reward......the game doesn't punish you enough for press coverage. In real life, good receivers when they beat the press, will be good for long gains. In this game, the bump is too strong from the CBs..

give it a test

jcraig33 07-24-2009 10:59 PM

Re: 2 BIG gameplay problems

I agree about the press coverage, I played a game against San Jose St, and all they just pressed all game long, and it shut down any passing attack. Didn't help that the SJSU d-line apparently 'roided up before the game and were chasing me all game. Had to crank up the pass blocking because it was a joke. Still trying to find settings that I like. But, it seems like every game I've played so far the CPU corners are always pressing. I haven't played a ton yet, but it's pretty annoying

phillyfan23 07-24-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcraig33 (Post 2039897710)
I agree about the press coverage, I played a game against San Jose St, and all they just pressed all game long, and it shut down any passing attack. Didn't help that the SJSU d-line apparently 'roided up before the game and were chasing me all game. Had to crank up the pass blocking because it was a joke. Still trying to find settings that I like. But, it seems like every game I've played so far the CPU corners are always pressing. I haven't played a ton yet, but it's pretty annoying

I should have made myself more clear.....it's too effective for the USER. If the cpu presses, there are ways to beat it and make them use different strategy. If the user uses it, the cpu can't move the ball too well. I just started using the press tonite and testing it exclusively and the cpu has a MUCH harder time completing passes.

Hipster-Doofus 07-24-2009 11:14 PM

Well, to be completely honest, I find that MY press coverage doesn't work that well...at least in terms of decreasing the completions. I have used press sense the game has came out, and have noticed that it really does nothing to deminish the QB Completions...because the fact is....theres ALWAYS someone else WIDE open, lol.

phillyfan23 07-25-2009 12:35 AM

1) The press coverage problem has been mentioned in the bugs/glitches thread.

here's the link with video, 3rd post of that page.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thread-38.html

The video doesn't even show the whole story as in his example the receiver at least turns around. In the games I tested, sometimes the CPU QB will throw before the WR is ready and hit his back.

NO WONDER why their completions take a huge hit.

2) the QB scramble problem isn't documented as it isn't a classic "bug" but just bad gameplay function.

I have PMed Adam with these concerns and hopefully they get fixed via patch. I won't abuse these 2 problems obviously, but it's no fun creating HOUSE rules to make things fair.

Pandemic 07-25-2009 01:22 AM

I've noticed that you can just sprint past the Tackles with a quick DE even on higher difficulties

phillyfan23 07-25-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandemic (Post 2039898405)
I've noticed that you can just sprint past the Tackles with a quick DE even on higher difficulties

that's right...but a HOUSE rule will fix that and it will have no effects on the game .

Why is this fixable and my 2 problems NOT fixable via house rules?

because in your case, no DE would use that method as it will never work as the OL will adjust his technique. It might work for one play but the OL will adjust in real life.

How do you fix bad press coverage and bad CPU defense on human scrambles? If you limit your scrambles that has an effect on the game, because in real life there is no "limit".....if a fast QB sees space, whether he sees it once or ten times , he will take off.

In this game, you will see this space virtually 50 percent of the time you go back to pass.

Hope you get what I mean.

Pandemic 07-25-2009 03:26 AM

Ive turned up the pass blocking but it still works.