Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Accelerated Clock? (/forums/showthread.php?t=339168)

mrod009 07-26-2009 02:45 AM

Accelerated Clock?

Can somebody explain accelerated clock? I noticed the gamestop demo seemed to end fast and i saw the clock do a runoff at times. What is the benefit of using this feature?

DickDalewood 07-26-2009 02:49 AM

Re: Accelerated Clock?

It's an optional feature in the retail version. I personally don't use it, but most guys use it to simulate the amount of time one would truly have when reaching the line of scrimmage in a real NFL game.

If you notice, picking a play in Madden is obviously quicker than it is in real life, and as such, the user can often get to the line with WAY too much time left on the clock. The accelerated clock fixes this.

Outkizast 07-26-2009 02:53 AM

It simulates the time a real NFL team uses to call plays and make substitutions and stuff... This way you can play "longer" quarters and the game flows much more realistically...

Yeah...THAT Guy 07-26-2009 02:55 AM

Yeah this was used in NFL Head Coach so you could do 15 minute quarters like a real game but still get it done in a decent amount of time.

DirtyJerz32 07-26-2009 03:05 AM

I was going to chime in but, you guys seemed to nail it on the head.

I for one love the feature. Good stuff.:woot:

Piderman 07-26-2009 03:41 AM

quick question, how long does each quarter have to in order to use accelerated clock effectively, lets say if i want an one hour game done, any answers would be nice.

EliteXJaseeXEmA 07-26-2009 03:45 AM

i don't use accelerated clock and for a normal game withot accelerated clock is 7mins quarters for 1 hour if u use acclerated pro few mins longer

lazerROOSTER 07-26-2009 04:14 AM

I've never used this feature but have thought about it. Still gotta try the demo so jealous.