Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Teambuilder Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Download Numbers...(Adam?) (/forums/showthread.php?t=339414)

KleShreen 07-26-2009 09:18 PM

Download Numbers...(Adam?)

Is there a reason that the download numbers reset if you edit your team? It's pretty frustrating that the people who are doing the best with the teams, aka the ones who are constantly tweaking their teams for the better or updating the teams, are the ones penalized because the download number gets reset everytime.

There's some tweaks I'd like to make to my squad, but I've already corrected some things before when my team had 23/7/8/5 downloads and I don't want to correct anything with my team now that has seven downloads because I don't want to make it even harder for my team to be found on the game, especially by PS3 users.

Will this ever get fixed? Is there a way to get my download number reinstated, possibly?

RaiderKtulu 07-26-2009 09:53 PM

Re: Download Numbers...(Adam?)

If you change the team, why should the old downloads count?

Person A likes your team - they download it. You change the logo. Person A doesn't like it anymore. They didn't download that team, they downloaded the old team.

Besides, what difference does it make how many downloads you have? You don't get a prize for having more.

KleShreen 07-26-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu (Post 2039907393)
If you change the team, why should the old downloads count?

Person A likes your team - they download it. You change the logo. Person A doesn't like it anymore. They didn't download that team, they downloaded the old team.

Besides, what difference does it make how many downloads you have? You don't get a prize for having more.

Because it makes it easier to find, especially for those on other systems. PS3 users (I'm not sure on 360?) can only view the first 50 results that come up, and they come up via # of downloads.

Also, in your situation, then how does that hurt Person A? Person A still has the team they downloaded that they liked, with the old logo...so they did still download the team, just a different version of it.

RaiderKtulu 07-27-2009 12:33 AM

Still... you can change EVERYTHING about a team after it's been saved the first time. So the number of downloads should reset, or it's really not a fair count. Maybe you only changed the names of a few guys on the roster, or maybe you changed the entire team, including the name and colors. I'd rather have it reset when the team is changed regardless, rather than trying to figure out exactly how much change should be allowed.

HHHBigFan 07-27-2009 12:36 AM

I agree with Shreen, this is very frustrating. I want to make minor edits to some teams but dont want people to not be able to find my teams in a search.

And it has no effect on the people that already downloaded the teams because you have to re-download them to get the updates anyway.

KleShreen 07-27-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu (Post 2039908226)
Still... you can change EVERYTHING about a team after it's been saved the first time. So the number of downloads should reset, or it's really not a fair count. Maybe you only changed the names of a few guys on the roster, or maybe you changed the entire team, including the name and colors. I'd rather have it reset when the team is changed regardless, rather than trying to figure out exactly how much change should be allowed.

But what I'm saying is that what does it matter what was on it before? The person who downloaded the team first is going to get to keep that team they downloaded. When the person changes the team on teambuilder, it doesn't change the person who downloaded the team first before the changes...they keep the same team they downloaded. So what would it hurt to keep the download numbers? The fact of the matter is that it's not an accurate representation of the team with the numbers resetting. The download numbers are more reflective of the person making the teams, not the team itself. Usually the users who create good teams get a good number of downloads for all their teams, because they are all good, so when one updates a team they have created, it's not giving a good representation of their work when the download number keeps getting reset. If the person changes everything about the team...then so what? The people who downloaded the team before that still get to keep the version of the team they downloaded, it doesn't all of a sudden change on them, so what is the problem?

NicoFrost 07-27-2009 12:55 AM

I brought this up in another thread and Adam replied saying that when you update a team your basicly deleting it(the old version). I think he went on to say something about there being a chance of putting something offencive in your update and people downloading it getting upset or something. I dunno.

I STRONGLY agree with YOU. If I wouldnt have updated some of my teams I'd have a few in the 200's and a few in the 100's but instead they are down in the 20's and one of my most downloaded teams is now at 8 because I updated it.

I want to update another team but I don't want to loose the 1000 downloads. It's kind of a "pride" thing seeing your team in the top ten for most downloaded.

And yeah, now people who dont know any better wont find my teams and will download someone elses that didnt have any work put into them. People will automaticly asume the best verion is the most downloaded. The download reset sucks!

RaiderKtulu 07-27-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KleShreen (Post 2039908338)
But what I'm saying is that what does it matter what was on it before? The person who downloaded the team first is going to get to keep that team they downloaded. When the person changes the team on teambuilder, it doesn't change the person who downloaded the team first before the changes...they keep the same team they downloaded. So what would it hurt to keep the download numbers? The fact of the matter is that it's not an accurate representation of the team with the numbers resetting. The download numbers are more reflective of the person making the teams, not the team itself. Usually the users who create good teams get a good number of downloads for all their teams, because they are all good, so when one updates a team they have created, it's not giving a good representation of their work when the download number keeps getting reset. If the person changes everything about the team...then so what? The people who downloaded the team before that still get to keep the version of the team they downloaded, it doesn't all of a sudden change on them, so what is the problem?

The problem is that I want an accurate download count. You don't get that if it keeps the count while you're constantly messing with the team. No, it doesn't hurt someone who downloads your team and then you change it, but it's also not fair. Yeah, maybe you only want to do a couple tweaks... but a different team is a different team.

I made a Baltimore Browns team when TB first started... mainly being a smartass. Later, once the game came out, I changed the team into the Baltimore Bulldogs and completely redid the uniforms and logos. Why should that team get to keep the original download count when it's no longer the same team?

If you care that badly about your download count, get everything right the first time. The best teams should still rise to the top. (Of course, people have some really screwed up ideas of what "best" is anyway since the overall top downloads are an NFL rookie team and an UnderArmor team. Yeah, really freaking creative that is...)