Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   On the $Money$ Slider Set. (/forums/showthread.php?t=339490)

Tyrant8RDFL 07-27-2009 02:03 AM

On the $Money$ Slider Set.

Let me start off by saying I have always played on heisman, and nothing else.

When the patch released I made some slider adjustments on that level and still was not happy with the way the game played. I had no problems winning on that level, but the game didn't unfold the way I like and was very predictable.

I read a very interesting post by someone (Cant remember his name) who stated some very interesting facts about the games A.I, and how setting sliders on a lower level my be the best bet, so I did. Im extremely happy with how the game plays now. I have no idea if I'm going to win the game I'm about to play.

Playing high ranked teams feel the way it should, and playing low rank teams also feel the way it should. Elite players play at their level , and garbage players play at their level.
I'm loving the results on how the game plays now, and wanted to share my slider set.

I will not be making any adjustments at all. I'm straight, so if you try these and feel something is off you can make the adjustments you feel work for you.

Level is Varsity
Min: 8

Offense User
35-35-35-45-40
Offense CPU
40-0-40-70-70

Defense User
50-45-45-45-45
Defense CPU
100-100-100-85-80

Special Teams User
50-50-50-50-70
Special Teams CPU
15-35-50-50-50

Penalties I adjusted.

Offsides:60
Flase Start:65
Holding:55
Clipping:55

In my (Miami)franchise I'm currently 4-1 . but could have easily been 2-3.

Game 1: I beat FSU in a O.T battle I really had a hard time with them. I had to make very quick decision passing and had no effect running the ball on them, but they got off on me on the ground. I beat them 40-34 O.T

Game 2: Georgia tech and Miami went into he 4th qtr tied at 10. A defensive battle, but the Yellow Jackets beat me in the end with a FG 20-17. The Option play was a challenge to slow down. At times I did, and other times they executed it perfectly. It was a defensive battle something I never experienced on Heisman. I lost 17-20

Game 3: I Took over in the 2nd half and beat Virginia Tech 30-7. After playing the last 2 games. I was really prepared in making faster decision, and making more coaching adjustments on the fly. It really helped in stalling VT's drives.

Game 4: I was playing Oklahoma, and man they jumped all over me. At the start of the 3rd qtr I was down 20-0. I just paused and realized I had to nickel and dime this ball, and when the time was right try something big. I also realized what worked on V.T isn't working at all on OU. On the defensive side I had to be so ready. Bradford was accurate and the running game was giving me trouble, but I made some great adjustments, and I was able to squeeze this game out 21-20. OU had a chance to win it but missed the FG, so I got lucky. This game had me tripping.

game 5: I played a team by the name of FCS southwest who was currently on a 23 gm losing streak, and boy they played like it. They couldn't pass, catch or run. They where ranked D , so I destroyed them. I don't even want to put up the score lol.

Well this is my slider set, and I hope they bring you the same happiness and enjoyment that they bring me when playing NCAA 10 :D.

Take care guys and have a great franchise.

IamLEGENDsince87 07-27-2009 03:28 AM

Re: On the $Money$ Slider Set.

so will it play the same on Heisman bc Varsity super easy?

leetdemon 07-27-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87 (Post 2039908753)

try the sliders before you come in here asking questions. varsity with the right sliders is not easy this year.

IamLEGENDsince87 07-27-2009 02:17 PM

maybe for u....but I don't EVER play on anything but Heisman....y would u want to conquuer the easiest level with sliders VS. the hardest level with sliders? doesn't make since...

FADED 07-27-2009 02:38 PM

then why are u in the thread still? why not just see it's 4 varsity and move on to a thread about heisman sliders, simple as that.

Tyrant8RDFL 07-27-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87 (Post 2039908753)

I hear what your saying, but it isn't easier, for some reason the Varsity level with slider settings is working out to be very solid. The games are very intense and the teams play to their true level, if the teams is solid they play solid, and if they suck then they suck.

Just like you I always played on Heisman, but this year I wont be. I took the advice of someone about setting the sliders with a lower level of play, and it is working out lovely.

I also gave these settings to others on my friends list who also play on heisman, and I have received great feedback on it.

I know it's hard to digest. I would have never believed it myself, but I tried it and I dont regret it at all. I thought I was going to feel like I was selling out, but the game plays so sweet now, that I feel if i play on heisman I'm selling out. I know this sounds crazy but that is how I feel now.

All I can tell you is to give it a shot, and no the sliders dont work on Heisman. This is the reason I tried a lower level. On heisman I wasnt getting the results I was looking for.

take care

ddaugherty 07-27-2009 05:34 PM

well i am thinking about trying your idea. For some odd reason i feel as if Heismen after the patch with custom sliders is too hard. the computer NEVER makes a mistake hardly. I was playing with WVU and they were TCU and i was losing 35-10 at halftime, because there were no errors on the computer side of the ball. It may just be me, but i feel as if it's not possible to have a great dynasty experience playing on that level.

Tyrant8RDFL 07-27-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaugherty (Post 2039911997)
well i am thinking about trying your idea. For some odd reason i feel as if Heismen after the patch with custom sliders is too hard. the computer NEVER makes a mistake hardly. I was playing with WVU and they were TCU and i was losing 35-10 at halftime, because there were no errors on the computer side of the ball. It may just be me, but i feel as if it's not possible to have a great dynasty experience playing on that level.

Heisman level just felt phony to me. The whole way the cpu executed and the feel of the game didnt feel like college. try it out and the cool thing is from the set I provided you can easily adjust it to your liking, jut move it in either direction I click at a time, but I really like what I have.

Let me know how it works out?