Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Here's what works for me(Heisman). The CPU CAN run the ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=340842)

therizing02 07-30-2009 11:05 PM

Here's what works for me(Heisman). The CPU CAN run the ball

I have been having such great results I thought that I would go ahead and post the sliders that I'm using. I will say that my playing style is probably a little more of the unconventional variety than most though. After I list the sliders, I'll list the few house rules I use. Not really looking for any feedback. I'm just having great results and wanted to throw this out there to see if it could work for someone else.

Here are some recent results:

OSU(me)-38 Toledo-21

This was a 17-14 game midway through the 4th quarter when I returned an INT for a score. The flood gates opened after that. The crazy thing was that I beat USC 30-7 in the game prior to this! Toledo had 3 sacks and I had 1

Passing

OSU-9-22-158
Toledo-25-40-363

Rushing (top back from each team)

OSU-22-144
TOL-11-33

Cal-24 Minnesota-17(me) OT

I led 14-0 early in the first and then Best went to work. He had 25 carries for 182 yards and 2 TDs. The Cal QB went 9-25 for 113 and the MN QB was 9-19-161. The MN RB had 69 yards on 18 carries.

Oregon-34 Utah(me)-3

I had 1 first down in the 1st half. The Ducks got two FG early and a long TD pass and I could not stop the momentum.

Passing

ORE-25-40-343
UTAH-12-40-101

Rushing

ORE-18-60
UTAH-17-71

More results:

Home team in BOLD

ND(me) 26 UM 23 FG on last play of game
Minor had 104yds.

GT
23 Clemson(me) 22
GT had 200+ rushing yards. Nasty Flexbone.

Bama
27 VaTech(me) 17
This was one of my favorite games. I led 17-3 in the 3rd and was stopping Bama all day. I was hurried and I threw a stupid pass in the flats that ended up a pick 6. The HFA kicked in. I fumbled on the next drive on a sack and they tied the game. VT got completely worked and it NEVER felt cheap or like Comeback AI. I've seen many games go this way IRL.

UGA (me) 57 OkSt 35
It was the Caleb King show! 350 total yds. and 4TDs.

FSU
27 Miami(me)24 (FSU had well over 100 yards rushing)

Nevada 24 ND(me) 17
I ran down the field on the first drive of the game and scored. I thought the route was on. I was shut down for 3 quarters after that.

Bama
23 Auburn(me) 3

VaTech
(me) 38 FSU-24
I ran all over FSU in this game and led 35-10 at the half. The rally fell short.

USC
29 OSU(me) 23
Great game by Gable with 154 yards rushing and 2 TDs.

Utah
(me) 23 TCU 22

BYU
37 Utah(me) 31

Heisman is giving me the best games this year. Up until this year I was an AA player only. I feel like Heisman is well done this year mainly because you have to use ALL the gameplay features and you have to think to win games. The adaptive AI is well done IMO. The CPU play calling this year automatically makes this game better than the mess that was NCAA 09.

The best thing about my results is that they are all over the place. This means that if decide to give these a try you have to play at least 5-10 games. Home and road games with superior, inferior, and equal teams. I'm having defensive struggles, shoot outs, no turnovers, lots of turnovers, big wins, big losses, huge rushing days by me or the CPU and days when neither team can run the ball. Something else I've noticed is that it's really tough to win on the road(See the Oregon results above).This is what makes NCAA 10 the best IMO. I haven't had results like this since NCAA 04.

I also notice a huge difference in the caliber of teams. When I use elite teams against each other the difference is huge compared to lower level teams. Using OSU I have been destroyed at State College and Southern Cal. Navy came to town the first week of my dynasty and I lived in that backfield all day. That's only one example.

USER/CPU

8 minute quarters (I usually end up with between 120-130 plays)

OFFENSE

QBA-10/5
PBK-50/0
WRC-45/40
RBA-45/50
RBK-50/50

DEFENSE

PCV-50/45
PRS-50/0
INT-0/0
RSD-50/50
TAK-40/40

SPECIAL

FGP-50/50
FGA-40/40
PPW-50/50
PACC-50/50
KPW-50/55

My house rules....

1. Ask Corso. Wait!....Read on.......:)

OFFENSE
-When I'm on offense I always hit the AC selection. If the play makes sense I will use it. If it doesn't I will either audible at the LOS or use one of the others in the window. I probably audible about 30% of the time. Using AC also helps to keep the game moving along and it also keeps me from choosing basically the same 10 plays over and over.

DEFENSE-I really like using AC on defense. He actually calls a much better game on D than on O. On occasion he comes out in a base formation against 4 and 5 wide. When that happens I choose my own play. I also audible about 30% of the time here too. Additionally, the Defensive Keys and keying CPU offensive opponents are big part of my defensive style of play. I also adjust D-Line, LBs, and utilize press coverage when appropriate.

SPECIAL TEAMS- I call my own plays

2. No switching players on CPU running plays(VERY IMPORTANT)

This is the only way for the CPU to establish a good running game. The RBK slider is tied to KO returns unfortunately. I have completely shut down teams and I have been gashed for nearly 300 yards on several occasions. Try this. It works. I have given up huge games to CPU opponents Penn State, Cal, USC, Georgia Tech.

3. Use ALL tools available

*hot routes on offense
*keep backs into pass block
*Quick Audibles..this is a huge help in neutralizing the nano blitzes.
*DEFENSIVE KEYS-I use this feature a lot because it works. Especially on CPU pass plays.
*I key a CPU offensive player a lot
*Switch directions of plays
*GAMEPLAN-I change it a lot during the game.

Good Luck:)

stewaat 07-30-2009 11:33 PM

Re: Here's what works for me(Heisman). The CPU CAN run the ball

I need to pick up the Ask Corso house rule. I used it last year and it helped but I expanded it to one of the four on that screen.

I also feel Heisman is the only way to go.

Using Minnesota, I beat Army 49-14, lost to Ohio State 55-15, and took 10-0 Penn State into overtime only to lose in Happy Valley.

First time in a while the game is challenging!

On defense I think I'm going to start a "Player Lock" rule where I must player lock on somebody every play. I think it'll be a lot of fun, I love the camera!

Sounds like we have similar play styles.

therizing02 07-31-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewaat (Post 2039932712)
I need to pick up the Ask Corso house rule. I used it last year and it helped but I expanded it to one of the four on that screen.

I also feel Heisman is the only way to go.

Using Minnesota, I beat Army 49-14, lost to Ohio State 55-15, and took 10-0 Penn State into overtime only to lose in Happy Valley.

First time in a while the game is challenging!

On defense I think I'm going to start a "Player Lock" rule where I must player lock on somebody every play. I think it'll be a lot of fun, I love the camera!

Sounds like we have similar play styles.

Sounds like it Jess. Using AC on offense I'm usually picking one of the four plays as well. He recommends a lot of PA passes and stupid dive plays on 3rd and long. I usually hot route a back to block or a quick audible at the line to get rid of the play action. It's really not as bad as one would think. The other thing is that I was using the same plays over and over before using AC.

I haven't used the player lock much because I do switch players on pass plays. I'm also generating excellent pressure using the DE and RS. I thought you said at one point you don't switch on pass plays. The "player lock" could work for you.

Mergz1203 07-31-2009 11:58 AM

do you have any problems with tackling set at 40?...most people have it set at 45 or higher....just curious because it seems that anytime guys are in the open field with tackling below 45 they cant be brought down

therizing02 07-31-2009 01:27 PM

No problems mergz. However this is where the Defensive Keys and keying the right CPU offensive player help.

Also, keep in mind that momentum plays a big part in this as well. In the first half of the Oregon/Utah game I mentioned, I was down 20-0 and Oregon had all of the momentum. During that time they would break more tackles but not at an unrealistic rate. Blount was very tough in the first half.

In the second half I was able to put a couple of first downs together to bring the momentum down. This made Blount less effective.

Give it a shot, but again you need to try this with different types of teams at home and on the road. Every game plays a little differently. You may feel that 45 works better for you. As of now, I like 40.

ChicagoSparty 07-31-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therizing02 (Post 2039932519)

2. No switching players on CPU running plays(VERY IMPORTANT)

This is the only way for the CPU to establish a good running game. The RBK slider is tied to KO returns unfortunately. I have completely shut down teams and I have been gashed for nearly 300 yards on several occasions. Try this. It works. I have given up huge games to CPU opponents Penn State, Cal, USC, Georgia Tech.

3. Use ALL tools available

*hot routes on offense
*keep backs into pass block
*Quick Audibles..this is a huge help in neutralizing the nano blitzes.
*DEFENSIVE KEYS-I use this feature a lot because it works. Especially on CPU pass plays.
*I key a CPU offensive player a lot
*Switch directions of plays
*GAMEPLAN-I change it a lot during the game.

Good Luck:)

I don't use Ask Corso but I do all of this and it makes for very good games. Sliders are necessary, but a large part of the "solution" can be found here.

therizing02 07-31-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty (Post 2039935780)
I don't use Ask Corso but I do all of this and it makes for very good games. Sliders are necessary, but a large part of the "solution" can be found here.

Agreed Sparty. Even though I use AC the majority of the time, I make at least 1 adjustment at the LOS on every play.

jonmchugh007 07-31-2009 04:26 PM

hey man i'm gonna give these a go when I get home from the Indians game tonight. Was just wondering what you have penalties set to and the subs set too. With the Auto sub I am using right now (I think it's phillyphan's), my main HB doesn't get that many carries. The last game I was playing I think it was at Purdue, I ran the ball a ton and even my wide outsran the ball it was crazy.