Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How Are You Going To Deal With Injuries in Madden 10? (/forums/showthread.php?t=342124)

steelers1 08-04-2009 06:42 PM

Re: How Are You Going To Deal With Injuries in Madden 10?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crob8822 (Post 2039954997)
they EA did not mentioned that there is a practice squad, that is an interesting point because if you have too many injuries and you can only have 55 players, this means you have to cut someone from your squad to fill in. I had to do this on the ps2 once.

Yeah, and that's too bad. I'm pretty sure next year they will add the 80 man rosters, fix the IR bug, and add practice squads, and hopefully multiple progression points (not just offseason). That will improve franchise mode and dealing with the injuries by 1000% to me. They seemed to have fixed most of the AI problems and draft problems this year, so I imagine this is next on the list (as well as building on the Extra Point Show).

dan77733 08-04-2009 07:04 PM

Thats pretty cool. I saw this happen in the Ravens/Titans playoff game that Ian was playing.

And in regards to Injured Reserve, is it still screwed up or can you actually gain a roster spot by putting a player on IR just like in reality?

kennyacid 08-04-2009 07:39 PM

I was playing the demo, and Warner got a ankle sprain and his risk was medium so I said what the heck and put him back in. The next drive he broke it and was out lol

judgejudy 08-04-2009 07:46 PM

i had warner get some kind of injury with a high risk of reinjury, so i took him out and had leinart for the rest of the game....until the last snap for some reason, warner was back in. i don't know what happened.

FOREST007 08-04-2009 07:50 PM

this a new post to a very old topic

CKW11 08-04-2009 07:57 PM

Love the feature, it actually makes having depth important, you cant just spend all your money on starters this year and have backups who make the minimum (i never did this but i have friends who do and im sure there are tons of people out there who do this). I've had this happen in NCAA, my starting RB had a minor injury but the game was close and i needed him so i put him back in and he re-injured himself and was out for 5 weeks.

steelers1 08-04-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan77733 (Post 2039955489)
Thats pretty cool. I saw this happen in the Ravens/Titans playoff game that Ian was playing.

And in regards to Injured Reserve, is it still screwed up or can you actually gain a roster spot by putting a player on IR just like in reality?

I heard it was still broken, but I don't have a link.

Lordcledus 08-04-2009 09:08 PM

I still don't understand how EA continues to get the IR function wrong for the 53 man rosters. With all the new features and additions every year, they still have the roster control completely broken and it's never been attempted to be fixed.