Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   If Special Teams is supposed to be just as important (/forums/showthread.php?t=343187)

Sundown2600 08-07-2009 05:15 PM

If Special Teams is supposed to be just as important

If Special Teams is supposed to be just as important as Off and Def I think EA needs to reflect this in next year's game. Remember last gen when the special teams cam made it's debut? The cam actually let you take the perspective of the kick blk and punt blk teams, but you did not have to lock on to a specific player. On a more important note there were variations in snap accuracy which effected the timing of the kicker. Sometimes there were bad snaps and kickers had to delay their kicks which made blocking kicks more realistic. I think this has to be a factor in next year's game. Having a game for almost three weeks and not seeing one single FG or punt block is ridiculous.

bamaphant83 08-07-2009 05:33 PM

Re: If Special Teams is supposed to be just as important

Agreed. I havent seen a single punt or FG block yet either and it seems like just "going through the motions" when kicking. Any one else having a problem with KO returns? I swear the CPU will return at least 1 or 2 on me every game cause of a missed tackle or it seems like theres never anyone there. Ive tried all 3 different kicks (i usually use kick to the right) but i get returned on all the time.Maybe i should just kick out of bounds and take the penalty

mvandor 08-07-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamaphant83 (Post 2039972649)
Agreed. I havent seen a single punt or FG block yet either and it seems like just "going through the motions" when kicking. Any one else having a problem with KO returns? I swear the CPU will return at least 1 or 2 on me every game cause of a missed tackle or it seems like theres never anyone there. Ive tried all 3 different kicks (i usually use kick to the right) but i get returned on all the time.Maybe i should just kick out of bounds and take the penalty

Odds are you have CPU run block above 50, post-patch that causes return issues. Drop it to 50.

NoDakHusker 08-07-2009 08:36 PM

Oh I forgot about that special teams cam...

NoDakHusker 08-07-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamaphant83 (Post 2039972649)

do you have the CPU run block slider above 50? if so, then put at 50 because the run block slider affects KO returns and if it's above 50, the CPU will get at least one TD every game.
However, Adam said this will be addressed in the second patch, so that the slider doesn't affect KO returns.
EDIT: I see this has been addressed before, didn't notice it until after my post.

mvandor 08-07-2009 08:43 PM

I will say that special teams is neglected in this version, for the typical player, there are NO punt returns for TD's, no blocks of ANY kicks. If not for the occasional KO return TD, I'd just sim these plays.

NoDakHusker 08-07-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvandor (Post 2039973825)
I will say that special teams is neglected in this version, for the typical player, there are NO punt returns for TD's, no blocks of ANY kicks. If not for the occasional KO return TD, I'd just sim these plays.

Yeah but last year it was WAY too easy to return punts for TDs. But still, now every punt return is the exact same. I get 5 yards and if I break a lucky tackle...10 yards. They need to find the right balance.
On the other hand, I've returned several kicks for TDs and have had a good variation in yardage on the returns, so I don't have a problem with the kick return game.

marcoyk 08-08-2009 01:15 AM

Last year punt returns were way too easy, and this year punt returns are impossible. I think my max punt return has been like 15 yards. Kick returns are fine for me though.