Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Best state for HS Football (/forums/showthread.php?t=345153)

SuperBowlNachos 08-12-2009 12:53 PM

Best state for HS Football

Top to bottom. Top 4 is obviously Texas, Florida, California, Ohio in no particular order 2-4.

I of course have to go homer and say Texas. Our stadiums are by far the nicest, my team played on 1 field last year that didn't have turf and a 3 story pressbox. The #2, #3, #11 and #17 teams(coaches poll) are filled with players from Texas and there are Texas players spread throughout.

I went to a game a couple years ago that had 50,000 people in attendence - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5_YBr2Njs&fmt=
10,000+ seats stadiums are usually packed in the later rounds.

MassNole 08-12-2009 01:39 PM

Re: Best state for HS Football

Define best?

If it's for passion for the schools and rivalries, then the disgusting level of emphasis Texas places on HS football clearly makes it number one.

If it's the talent level on the field, California and Florida surpass Texas.

Now if we want to talk passion amongst the players, Vermont is clearly number one. Those kids don't play for college scholarships, they simply play because they love the game.

JerzeyReign 08-12-2009 02:13 PM

I'm from the East Coast but the best state for HS football is TEXAS. I happen to be there in the SUMMER and they had the thickest preseason magazine for HS I have ever seen, telephone book thick, previewing the season. In Jersey you may get the sports section out of the local newspaper. Also people root for HS teams down there like most root for college/pro teams, amazing. If I ever have a son I already have stated I will move to Texas to let him play then watch him go to Ann Arbor (yeah I'm that type of father, lol)

BunnyHardaway 08-12-2009 03:46 PM

1. Texas
2. Florida
3. California
4. Pennsylvania
5. Ohio

bjf1377 08-12-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJLinn (Post 2040005703)
1. Texas
2. Florida
3. California
4. Pennsylvania
5. Ohio

I knew someone was gonna slide PA in front of Ohio, haha. I think Ohio and PA are pretty equal in terms of HS football.

I think its more like:

1. Texas
2a. California
2b. Florida
4a. Ohio
4b. Pennsylvania

24 08-12-2009 05:55 PM

if we are just talking about quaterbacks in high school football. california is number 1. but overall it is texas

Maxattax3 08-12-2009 06:08 PM

Do you even need to make a thread for this? for example... here is a stadium 10 minutes from my house.

10,000 seat capacity. jumbotron. turf(at least when i played there it was). its ridiculous. used by one school. (not public or anything like that. payed for by alumni and donations. they made their own school district so they could do this)
Cost: 6million dollars

edit: Westlake High School in Austin TX if you were curious

KSUowls 08-12-2009 07:41 PM

I haven't seen the stat in about 2 or 3 years, but last I saw the top 5 states for high school recruits going to division 1 schools was California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Ohio.

Those will be my top 5 with Texas #1 from the sheer passion that seems to be associated with it over there.