Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   My bet with Ian (/forums/showthread.php?t=346046)

PGaither84 08-14-2009 08:49 AM

My bet with Ian

First a little back story. On July 11th after watching the first M10 video by EA of the Chiefs and Falcons I posted this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84
Also, i cannot help but notice how poor the pas rush still is. I can count how many sec go by on the game clock after the snap on a pass play and the QB has all day. When Ian fumbled the ball he had all day and it looked like he was trying to get a fumble just to show it off. As if he waited to almost get sacked and pass the ball to have either a lame duck or a fumble intentionally.

I know you want to show the game off Ian, but please do it by trying to play and win the game. I'll be impressed when it looks natural, not forced. I want you to feel pressure, not wait around until it finds you. Try to win, please. Watching you play QB kind of hurt my eyes... lol...

Ian replied with this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Ouch I'm that bad that you think I'm throwing the game? Trust me, I wouldn't do that for the video...ever. Not that kind of person.

Once you get your hands on the game please record every play and post it so all of us can judge you. :smile: Being that I've been playing Madden the same way for 20 years, it's quite a difference trying to manage the d-ends coming around behind you and trying not to panic while the controller is rumbling like crazy. I've been playing for months and I'm still not 100% adjusted.

Not long after that, I want to say on the 16th of July, 5 days latter I sent this via Twitter to Ian:
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84
@ian_Cummings out of the box, having never played m10 before, on All-Pro 49ers[me] vs Giants[cpu] who would you put your monopoly money on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian_cummings
@PGaither84 definitely NY Giants on first boot. Capture it and post it up...if you win we'll all autograph a box for you. :)

I thank Ian for his honest reply. He didn't have to do this. I accepted his challenge. Now, Aug 13th at around 10pm at the Game Crazy I pre-ordered my copy of Madden 10 I was allowed to play the game. To be totally fair I set up my first game as the 49ers v the Giants on All-Pro with 10min quarters and 15sec run off and Normal game speed.

This was the result:

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BNAEO47ZNk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Again, with all fairness I also went home with my copy, having only played that one game of M10 and recorded a full length game to put on youtube as I was challenged to do. I am still cutting it into 10min segments, saving them, and uploading them onto youtube.

Impressions? It is great game and lots of fun. I thank Ian for all the work he has done, it shows.

CatMan72 08-14-2009 08:54 AM

Re: My bet with Ian

I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm sure Ian is going to need to see more proof than that video or some videos you upload at a later date.

PGaither84 08-14-2009 08:59 AM

I just don't know what more proof you need? what would better prove it to you?

I'm not mad, I just want to know, what can you really do in this day and age to truly prove something to someone unless hey are there? He can call the Game Crazy and ask the manager of the store, he was there, or the employee who shot that footage for me.

What more can I should I do?

I can privately give out the store number if needed.

PantherBeast_OS 08-14-2009 09:00 AM

Haha gaithers. Good going bro. I hope you get your autograph copy bro.:cool:

tooldude79 08-14-2009 09:01 AM

"@PGaither84 definitely NY Giants on first boot. Capture it and post it up...if you win we'll all autograph a box for you. :smile:"

if this is as far as it went, he didnt specify what kind of box ...i doubt its one with a brand new copy of madden 10 in it

PGaither84 08-14-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooldude79 (Post 2040017988)
"@PGaither84 definitely NY Giants on first boot. Capture it and post it up...if you win we'll all autograph a box for you. :smile:"

if this is as far as it went, he didnt specify what kind of box...i doubt its one with a brand new madden 10 in it

I don't expect one with a game in it, but I would like an empty M10 box with M10 cover paper signed by the crew. Obviously with Ian's name in the "center" where it is most legible ;).

tooldude79 08-14-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2040017992)
I don't expect one with a game in it, but I would like an empty M10 box with M10 cover paper signed by the crew. Obviously with Ian's name in the "center" where it is most legible ;).

well then a congrats is in order

sois 08-14-2009 09:06 AM

I dunno man, it seems like one of those "sure, yeah, whatever" type of bets :) I don't think he ever REALLY thought it was a real bet.

On a different note, is this actually happening?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian
Being that I've been playing Madden the same way for 20 years, it's quite a difference trying to manage the d-ends coming around behind you and trying not to panic while the controller is rumbling like crazy. I've been playing for months and I'm still not 100% adjusted.

I have not noticed speed rushes creating an actual pocket where you have to step up in any of the videos.