Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   My bet with Ian (/forums/showthread.php?t=346046)

JMBOO 09-20-2009 06:14 AM

Re: My bet with Ian

Well, all I can say is, a man is only as good as his word and a bet is a bet. Sounds to me after reading this that a bet was indeed made and that the losing party is recalcitrant about living up to their end of the bet, especially being as how sure they seemed of victory from the evidence presented here.

And to the OP, if the bet was for Ian to send to you a signed box, then, that is what you should get as per the terms of the bet. The onus is not on you to send anything to the losing party, as, that was not in the terms of the wager as it is presented here.

One can only hope this will give the losing party in this matter some clairty of vision in the future.

Love, The Most Hated-JMBOO

stanley roper 09-20-2009 06:22 AM

Um, what was the point of all this again cuz idgi

uwish2121 09-20-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2040033769)
Nicely done - I have to trust you here, and I'll admit defeat. I just sent you a DM over Twitter with the address to send the box to if you still want it signed by the team.

your a stand up american Ian and helluva job on this years game I love it. You finally got us going in the right direction.

DrewBledsoe 09-20-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2040204046)
Just thought I would do a follow up. On the 16th Ian replied via Twitter and gave me info on where/how I should send my box to them. I was able to actually do this on the 24th, a week later. I have sent Ian two private messages. One via Twitter the other via XBL. I understand that he is a busy man, and they have been flying out to visit John madden and what not. I am not in any rush, however, I have been here at home for almost a full month with no word from Ian, not even "I got your box, but it'll be a while before we can get it done." or anything. I don't really want to call him out or anything, I would just like some info on the status.

I wouldn't worry...he signed your box 3 weeks ago, and the signature has to be first approved by Sony and then Microsoft ;)

Oh the irony............

BigBlue 09-20-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe (Post 2040204263)
I wouldn't worry...he signed your box 3 weeks ago, and the signature has to be first approved by Sony and then Microsoft ;)

Oh the irony............

LOL! INSTANT CLASSIC!

BigBlue

scarface scotty 09-20-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe (Post 2040204263)

Oh the irony............

:spit:

RyanMoody21 09-20-2009 12:11 PM

I wouldnt expect Paul to get a free copy.

I wouldnt expect Paul to get a free case.

I would expect the lead designer of game to be able to get another insert to sign for the guy.

kehlis 09-20-2009 12:17 PM

It's time to get over it and stop bumping this thread.