Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice? (/forums/showthread.php?t=346055)

Dice 08-14-2009 09:14 AM

The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice?

OK, my "Randy Moss. Hall of Famer?" didn't spark too much debate. Believe it or not, there are some people who claim they watch football saying Moss is not a HOF. Trust me, I've talked to them. ;)

On to the next topic. I'm assuming there is a consensus that most people who watched football at least the past 15 years would say that Jerry Rice is the best WR of all time. Who would be the second best WR of all-time? You've got a slew of greats to choose from: Michael Irvin, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Art Monk, Marvin Harrison, John Stallworth, Tim Brown, Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner just to name a few.

Or if you think that Jerry Rice is not the greatest WR of all time, feel free to comment. Please come strong because I got a feeling that your going against the consensus opinion that Rice is the G.O.A.T.

As for me, when it's all said and done I believe that Moss will be the 2nd best WR of all time. He too me is the most physically gifted WR of all time. The best combination of size and speed I've never seen from any WR in the history of the game. If Moss would have had the 'drive' like Carter or Rice he would have been clearly the G.O.A.T.

Jet Sufferer 08-14-2009 09:29 AM

Re: The best WR of all-time not named Jerry Rice?

I'd probably have to go with Moss.

MVP23 08-14-2009 09:33 AM

Give me The Playmaker. Michael Irvin

Rocky 08-14-2009 09:59 AM

Don Hutson is without a doubt #2. In fact, he miakes a legitimate case to be the best WR of all-time...though obviously not as strong as Rice.

Moss is #3. Completely changes the game when he is on the field unlike any other player I've seen since Lawrence Taylor.

Those are the top 3 WR's of all time and there is a big drop off between 3 and 4.

Marvin Harrison, Paul Warfield, Tim Brown, and TO all make a good case for that spot.

55 08-14-2009 10:41 AM

Marvin Harrison.

ZB9 08-14-2009 10:51 AM

Don Hutson

modern era, Moss and Irvin would both be top 5 imo (especially if you factor in Irvin's playoff games). I would put Moss at #2 or #3 all time.

ChampN252 08-14-2009 11:25 AM

If not counting Moss, I say Marvin is the next best. He has been excellent most his career. He runs route that make my mouth drop and makes the opposing corners knees buckles. With that said, I've heard people say he collapsed in big game thou.

raidersbball20 08-14-2009 11:30 AM

I would say Rice then Moss, but they both have played with some of the best qb's of all time