Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why don't formation subs always work? (/forums/showthread.php?t=348331)

ojperez_22 08-18-2009 07:25 PM

Why don't formation subs always work?

Has anyone else noticed that for some plays formation subs won't take effect. There are some plays I have to audible into in order for the subs to be in the right place. I have to come out in a play witihin the same formation where the formation subs are in place and audible into the play I want to call. Anyone else?

jfurfaro 08-22-2009 11:20 PM

Re: Why don't formation subs always work?

Happens to me ALL THE TIME. it's eternally frustrating because I play as the Giants for my franchise and want to quickly switch between Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I have Bradshaw as a formation sub for the I - Twins formation. I can choose and run inside plays with him correctly subbed in, but when I try to do a HB toss with him, it's ALWAYS Jacobs, and I'd much rather have Bradshaw's speed.

No matter how I try and sub him in, it doesn't work. Very frustrating.

jfurfaro 08-26-2009 11:27 PM

BUMP!

DirtyCobra 08-26-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfurfaro (Post 2040070783)
Happens to me ALL THE TIME. it's eternally frustrating because I play as the Giants for my franchise and want to quickly switch between Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I have Bradshaw as a formation sub for the I - Twins formation. I can choose and run inside plays with him correctly subbed in, but when I try to do a HB toss with him, it's ALWAYS Jacobs, and I'd much rather have Bradshaw's speed.

No matter how I try and sub him in, it doesn't work. Very frustrating.

I am having the same problems....drives me Bananas

viceguy 08-27-2009 12:25 AM

I experience it with 5wide Hail Mary...i have certain receivers packaged for this play..when i sub them in the play call screen indicates that the subs are in ..however in the game its the same WR"s as per my depth chart..even in practice mode this occurs...

very frustrating

ojperez_22 08-27-2009 02:19 AM

Only fix ive found is to put ur formation subs in, call a play that will use the subs and then audible to the play you want. For some reason it wont let you use formation subs for some plays, but just call a different play in the same formation and audible to the play you want.

jfurfaro 08-27-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojperez_22 (Post 2040092426)
Only fix ive found is to put ur formation subs in, call a play that will use the subs and then audible to the play you want. For some reason it wont let you use formation subs for some plays, but just call a different play in the same formation and audible to the play you want.

The thing that sucks about that is that it wastes one or two of your otherwise useful audibles.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this thread. For all the little things people are saying are "gamebreakers" you'd think this would stop the presses... formation subs literally don't work.

c1champ 08-27-2009 09:31 PM

i just wish they would go back 2 da old formation sub screen