Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Robo QB: Brady to Welker (/forums/showthread.php?t=348532)

PGaither84 08-19-2009 07:53 AM

Robo QB: Brady to Welker

So I was doing some testing of Bill Harris' sliders and I chose to play against the Patriots. I normally play as NE so I have not sen this until now, but in all 5 games I played yesterday and today, I have found that Brady, in Madden 10, forces the Ball to Welker at the expense of open receivers. One game Welker broke the NFL record for 20 receptions in the 3rd quarter against me and I was calling double coverage on him most of the game.

Here is an example of Brady blatantly ignoring other receivers just to throw the ball to Wes.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Gb1Crh5TzQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Gb1Crh5TzQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I know Wes had about 112 catches these last two years, but Randy had nearly a 100 himself these last two seasons as well. this is getting very annoying and un-fun when playing against the Patriots. If I want to stop Tom all I have to do is cover Wes and eventually I will get picks.

I honestly want to take Wes away from NE just to see what Tom does without him.

if there ever was a case of robo QB, I think this is it.

MorbiDepression 08-19-2009 08:03 AM

Re: Robo QB: Brady to Welker

I'm no expert at madden but I've been playing for awhile... I played the pats yesterday on all madden... I saw no robo qb at all. I had 3 sacks and 1 interceptions on Brady. He was over throwing and had a completion percentage of 60 wich is fair. I feel if you pick the right defenses and adjust you can shut them down I won the game 28 to 21 with the steelers. Not to mention Ben got hurt for a 1/4...

PGaither84 08-19-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorbiDepression (Post 2040049116)
I'm no expert at madden but I've been playing for awhile... I played the pats yesterday on all madden... I saw no robo qb at all. I had 3 sacks and 1 interceptions on Brady. He was over throwing and had a completion percentage of 60 wich is fair. I feel if you pick the right defenses and adjust you can shut them down I won the game 28 to 21 with the steelers. Not to mention Ben got hurt for a 1/4...

They weren't killing me by any means, they just threw to Wes Welker almost every down. It looks like you totally missed the point. Robo QB isn't just throwing 80% completions like some think. Robo QB is unnatural QB play. They'd rather throw a pick than take a sack and here Brady locks onto Wes and wont check down at all. the real Tom Brady would pick you apart and would either throw to Ben Watson here, or wait to throw it to the slot man who is open deeper.

Bulldogs78 08-19-2009 08:24 AM

try double teaming him.

filtertmp 08-19-2009 08:24 AM

Brady to welker is pretty unstoppable, but if you are inferring that is an AI issue where it is somehow hardcoded (via some unknown tendency or how the AI makes reads) I am a little incredulous.

The video you posted is certainly strange.. looks like a kind of modified man coverage with cover 4, and I can't attest to how zone coverage really works, but in my own experience, the pats offense exploits wherever the mismatch is (watson on LBs, welker on nickel, etc) with brutal efficiency.

on a semi-unrelated note, that replay is a great example of RT play. LE gets the iso with plenty of space and gets literally spun around and embarrassed, ends the play beyond the line of scrimmage.