Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sacks in Franchise mode hard to come by? (/forums/showthread.php?t=349362)

pwack 08-20-2009 07:59 PM

Sacks in Franchise mode hard to come by?

I've noticed that getting a sack is quite possibly the single hardest thing for me to achieve in Madden 10 franchise mode. I'm pretty damn experienced in Madden and I frequently play with the sliders to try to get realistic stats, but I can never sack the QB in this game. Not only is it hard to get pressure, but anytime I get close to the QB it's an automatic throwaway, which is never called for intentional grounding, and the QB NEVER takes a sack. I've even messed with the sliders so much as to put my pass rush at 100 and CPU pass block at 10 and still, I'm lucky to end a game with 1 sack, 2 at the most (usually from DB's blitzing and diving at QB's feet). I really don't want to have to resort to simulating all the games in order to have realistic stats for my franchise. Does anyone know anything about this/is anyone having the same problem, or am I just in dire need of some pass rushing practice? Appreciate any help on this one...

Bulldogs78 08-20-2009 08:08 PM

Re: Sacks in Franchise mode hard to come by?

refer to my thread "Found a way to create great D"

CW McGraw 08-20-2009 08:09 PM

I had this problem when I first got this game. Then I started controlling a DB instead of linemen. With the pass rush set at 100 and CPU pass blocking set at 0, I'm middle of the league in sacks with the Fins. The only problem is Joey Porter rarely get sacks. It's often my freakishly quick NT and rookie SOLB getting after the QB. I rarely blitz. Often I just sit back in cover 2, manually control the CB, and press the WR at the line.

JahCreations 08-20-2009 08:09 PM

I completed 2 games in my franchise so far with the jets. Jenkins has 3 sacks, Ellis has 2, Douglas and Pace have 1. I made 4 of those user sacks and the other 3 were cpu, I actually got 5 in 1 game against the pats and 2 against the texans. you gotta just jiggle around the right stick until you break through, and dont go for big hits on the qb, dives are alot easier to make.

GamingJones 08-20-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwack (Post 2040059891)
I've noticed that getting a sack is quite possibly the single hardest thing for me to achieve in Madden 10 franchise mode. I'm pretty damn experienced in Madden and I frequently play with the sliders to try to get realistic stats, but I can never sack the QB in this game. Not only is it hard to get pressure, but anytime I get close to the QB it's an automatic throwaway, which is never called for intentional grounding, and the QB NEVER takes a sack. I've even messed with the sliders so much as to put my pass rush at 100 and CPU pass block at 10 and still, I'm lucky to end a game with 1 sack, 2 at the most (usually from DB's blitzing and diving at QB's feet). I really don't want to have to resort to simulating all the games in order to have realistic stats for my franchise. Does anyone know anything about this/is anyone having the same problem, or am I just in dire need of some pass rushing practice? Appreciate any help on this one...

Are you using the right stick for dline moves?

Once I mastered that, I can get 3-4 sacks a game on average with the Bears.

Vaporub83 08-20-2009 09:00 PM

I've played a couple of games on franchise and I think the LE is the guy that will get majority of the sacks. So first move your best DE to the LE. Secondly I get a lot of coverage sacks. I control the MLB and the CPU loves to throw to the middle of the field so I drop there. Be sure to mix up defenses its not all bad to blitz sometimes.

CKW11 08-20-2009 09:14 PM

I've had no trouble what so ever getting sacks, i broke the single season sack record with Darnell Dockett in my franchise.

Exonerated 08-20-2009 09:33 PM

I don't even user sack. I zone blitz. Works like a charm.