Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=520)
-   -   **You'll Never walk Alone...Official Liverpool Football Club Thread** (/forums/showthread.php?t=351030)

Rexis 08-25-2009 12:30 PM

**You'll Never walk Alone...Official Liverpool Football Club Thread**

Cmon lets talk all things Liverpool FC

Tomasperez9 08-25-2009 01:05 PM

Re: **You'll Never walk Alone......Official Liverpool Football Club Thread**

Rafa needs to relieve Lucas of his first team duties ASAP. When Aquilani returns from his injury, I fully expect Lucas to not see the pitch. He adds nothing to the team. This is not to say he is not a solid player (he is in the Brazilian National Team mix), but he, like Babel, has not developed yet into a player that deserves to be playing for Liverpool in meaningful games. His touches are pretty piss poor, his passing is sub-par, and he absolutely cannot distribute the ball upfield to the likes of Gerrard and Torres (notice how all of the balls played to Torres seem to be long balls to his head or balls to his feet from short, tight, congested play).

As for Dirk Kuyt, is it just me or does seem as though he has lost a step or two this season? For the past two years, he's been serviceable down the right in the midfield, even though he is naturally a striker. This season, although it is still young, Kuyt has done nothing to remind me of his form from the past couple of years. Maybe that can be put on the shoulders of the other players, as the team has played pretty ****ty as a whole, but something doesn't seem right with him. It think it is about time Rafa goes out and purchases a natural winger and distributor (someone like Mark Gonzalez from 3 seasons ago) so that the team doesn't have to rely upon the likes of Babel, Kuyt, or Benayoun to provide the necessary service. This could also allow Rafa to switch to more a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond set with Kuyt up top with Torres and Gerrard sitting-in just behind the two as almost a third forward.

Skrtel needs to get back to 100% fitness after that clash of heads between him and Carragher that left him unable to turn his head to the left. Voronin needs to go back to Germany, as he's not really adding anything to team at the moment (he was playing central midfield the other day!). N'Gog is a perfectly adequate third striker off of the bench and should be used as such, not sitting behind Voronin on the depth chart. When Fabio Aurelio comes back, he'll be able to provide width down the left hand side from the leftback spot (preferably) or from the midfield. Right now, it's all a waiting game. I think that they have a shot and sneaking in to the title race, perhaps even lifting the title at the end of the season, but they need to start to avoid injuries and play at the level they are capable of performing at on a day in and day out basis.

Perceptor 08-25-2009 03:05 PM

I think Kuyt is overrated personally. He works hard and that's about it. I actually think Liverpool's full-backs have played well as Insua and Johnson have been good

I think if Rafa's smart, he should sign Van der Vaart. He would offer some more flair and creativity which I think Liverpool lacks.

Tomasperez9 08-25-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perceptor (Post 2040083332)
I think Kuyt is overrated personally. He works hard and that's about it. I actually think Liverpool's full-backs have played well as Insua and Johnson have been good

I think if Rafa's smart, he should sign Van der Vaart. He would offer some more flair and creativity which I think Liverpool lacks.

I completely agree with you, except that I think Kuyt is a little better than you're giving him credit for. Johnson has been, to this point, one of the signings of the season in the EPL, while Insua, as young as he is, has filled in valiantly in wake of Fabio Aurelio's injury. I thought van der Vaart didn't want to play down the wing? If van der Vaart were to sign, I'd assume he'd play through the middle, which would almost surely force Gerrard out wide, a position he has professed his displeasure at playing time and time again.

Rexis 08-25-2009 06:46 PM

i agree wit u Perceptor........ Kuyt always got me kickin n screamin every other day. he shoots when he should be passin and he passes when he gets a clear shot at goal
I was cussin at Benitez the very first day i heard bout the signin of Glenn johnson but he just might get the job done (n not pull a Robbie Keane)
** Lucas was pretty good in the first two matches but hes trashy at most time
What we need is an attackin midfielder to get the ball up the pitch (playin Gerrard back in midfield may do the trick)
I really miss when Gerrard play in the middle of the park back in 2005(when he should have won the freakn European Best but those journalist thought otherwise)
We also need another striker to replace Torres (when hes tired) I thought Voronin was improved but i was wrong (how do u paly as a supporting striker and stay out the box on a volley)

Perceptor 08-26-2009 12:26 AM

Tomas, VDV can play on the wing or in the hole. At this point, he is willing to go to a Premiership top team as long as he plays regularly. At Liverpool, he would be better on the wing than Kuyt, Babel, and Benayoun IMHO. I am sure Rafa wants him, but can he afford him?

Rexis - Torres needs a replacement, but who is he going to get with the small amount of money he has left to spend? N'Gog and Voronin if he stays are likely better than what's out there....

I don't think your team is going to be bad as Monday. It was a bad loss, but 2 goals were the direct result of boneheadedness (Gerrard) and bad luck (Lucas). Liverpool actually had a decent start

~LiverpoolRed~ 08-26-2009 08:14 AM

Well if the rumours are true, we have NO MONEY to spend before the transfer deadline. I cannot believe we have started the season with no help for Fernando Torres. Andriy Voronin did bugger all in his first stint with the club and is just as bad now. Steven Gerrard should be playing in Xabi Alonso's position right now slotted in midfield instead of playing off of Nando.

Lucas not good enough
Babel not good enough
Voronin not good enough

Pretty bad when our bench consists of Cavalieri, Kelly, Ayala, Ngog, Voronin, Babel, Riera.

That is a shocking bench for a top side. I think it's going to be a long year for us.

Eton Rifles 08-26-2009 08:57 AM

I'm not a fan but hear you go:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvPiv7F1lfE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvPiv7F1lfE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>