Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Better WR: Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=351882)

hotboyz81 08-27-2009 10:57 AM

Better WR: Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald ?

Discuss your thoughts, opinions, comments, etc.

Ewing 08-27-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Better WR: Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald ?

I'll take Calvin Johnson over both of them.

six 08-27-2009 11:36 AM

Fitzgerald, he has great hands, route running, size, strength, could be faster but just ask the mighty Steelers defense(LOL at that anyways) how fast Fitz is after he ran by all their secondary in the Super Bowl on that one play.

Vince 08-27-2009 11:42 AM

Larry Fitzgerald catches everything that is near him. I think his mid air adjustment to the ball is as good as anyone in the league.

Dice 08-27-2009 12:07 PM

This is a tough one. Fitzgerald was a beast last year. Especially in the playoffs when it counted. But I might have to go with Johnson on this one. Johnson put up some incredible numbers last year and he didn't have the luxury of playing with an impact WR on the other side of the ball. Not to blame Fitzgerald or take anything away from him because he plays with Boldin BUT Fitzgerald probably sees less double-teams than Johnson does.

brayTxiv 08-27-2009 12:20 PM

I'm gonna go with Fitz because of his ability to go up and get the ball. They both are pretty similiar in all other areas, but that ability has helped him with the deep ball and in red zone sitautions.

Both are 6'3 and around 220
Both their verticals are over 40"
Johnson runs a 4.4 while Fitz is around a 4.5
Johnson has 33 TD receptions and Fitz has 46 with one less year

SPTO 08-27-2009 12:47 PM

Before last year i'd have said Andre Johnson but i'm not so sure now. Fitzgerald had such a huge breakout year and has proven that he can make adjustments on the fly when it comes to jumping up and getting the ball. If he can have a similar year to last year then I think he's better hands down.

ANDROMADA 1 08-27-2009 01:30 PM

Andre.Everything being equal,Speed kills plus everything else.Name another reciever for houston?......Easy choice for me.