Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I can't get past the Lions Madden moment... (/forums/showthread.php?t=353408)

hlhbk 08-31-2009 06:37 PM

I can't get past the Lions Madden moment...

So I have tried the challenge where you are down by 8 with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter starting at your own 20 with no timeouts vs the Redskins and I just can't beat it! I have scored, but not gotten the 2 pt conversion every time. The only time I recovered an onside kick my QB overthrew his WR the next play and was intercepted.

I have tried beating this moment since launch and have done it at least 100 times. I love the rating matter but I don't thing I will ever advance past this moment, and I usually play with the Raiders and win! :confused:

Spanky 08-31-2009 07:47 PM

Re: I can't get past the Lions Madden moment...

Can you adjust sliders/difficulty level on Madden moments, or are you stuck with how it's ready set up?

I know there's no sliders/difficulty setting once you start the Madden Moments. But if you adjust the sliders to easy and set it to the easiest level before starting Madden Moments does that have an effect?

njmcfreak 08-31-2009 08:42 PM

I beat it first try, FB dive on the two point conversion.

Jim Jones 08-31-2009 08:48 PM

It took me about 20 tries to beat it. I've gotten the TD the last few times but keep missing the two. It's gotta be the toughest one to beat..Washington's D is just EVERYWHERE. They literally jump every freaking route you try to throw.

TIP: Don't throw the ball to Dennis Northcutt. Whatever you do, please, DON'T throw him the ball. He frustrated the hell out of me in this drill because he drops everything.

ram29jackson 08-31-2009 09:22 PM

took a couple nights but i got past it. Theres about 3 or 4 that are real pains. the Colts one before the lions one is a long winded pain as well. most feel like they are an easier setting though.

mjh91 09-26-2009 09:28 PM

I'm trying to do this one right now. I've scored on about three of the 100 attempts on this. Any tips?

FroznYogurt 09-26-2009 11:08 PM

I stayed up until 3 am doing this madden moment one time, failing over and over again. But then, the next day I realized something. The rosters you currently use translate to the Madden moment. So I jacked up the Lions Offense and depleted the Redskins Defense and voila. Yes, it's basically cheating, but I just had to beat it and get it off my chest.

toine2983 09-27-2009 12:09 AM

Man this one has been frustrating me for the longest. I was able to score the TD and the 2 point conversion a couple of times, but I can't close out the win in OT.

The first time I scored and got the conversion I thought I completed this moment only to find out that you have to win the game with the Lions too (which they fail to mention in the Madden moment summary. :nono: ). That's were I usually mess up.