Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A couple things I don't understand-- slide protection and Offensive/Defensive sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=353717)

RayAP19 09-01-2009 02:25 PM

A couple things I don't understand-- slide protection and Offensive/Defensive sliders

I've seen Slide Protection talked about before, but never really understood how it works. What is it? What does it help with, how do you use it, etc?

Also, I don't get some of the Offensive and Defensive Sliders available in Franchise.

For example, the Offensive Aggressiveness slider. Does that affect how often the CPU will throw deep? And what does the Defensive Run/Pass slider do?

Thanks.

DerkontheOS 09-01-2009 02:34 PM

Re: A couple things I don't understand-- slide protection and Offensive/Defensive sli

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayAP19 (Post 2040116635)
I've seen Slide Protection talked about before, but never really understood how it works. What is it? What does it help with, how do you use it, etc?

I would like to know as well.

The GIGGAS 09-01-2009 02:38 PM

Re: A couple things I don't understand-- slide protection and Offensive/Defensive sli

Slide Protection allows you to tell your O-Line what do to, basically. If you feel like there's going to be a blitz on the right side, slide the protection to the right, etc.

It can be helpful in that way. Aggressive makes them block more like it was a run play (I think... I'm not sure).

RayAP19 09-01-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GIGGAS (Post 2040116690)
Slide Protection allows you to tell your O-Line what do to, basically. If you feel like there's going to be a blitz on the right side, slide the protection to the right, etc.

It can be helpful in that way. Aggressive makes them block more like it was a run play (I think... I'm not sure).

What about if they have a strong pass rusher on one side? Would it help in that situation?

sois 09-01-2009 02:40 PM

Similar questions here. In real life, when should you use slide protections? Do teams use it on pass and run plays? Zone blocking schemes only? Thanks football gurus.

The GIGGAS 09-01-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayAP19 (Post 2040116695)
What about if they have a strong pass rusher on one side? Would it help in that situation?

I told you all I know, man... haha, I generally only do it if I see a blitz a-comin.

Bears_16_and_0 09-01-2009 02:44 PM

yeah id like some more clarification on what exactly 'Aggresive' does for slide protection. When is a good/bad time to use it?

Obelysk 09-01-2009 02:46 PM

Slide protection protects certain sides. I mostly use it for the running game, specially in pitch and tosses, I always slide the protection to where the run is going and the play usually works much better that way. On some offset oline formations that protection will automatically slide towards the side that is weaker. The only one that I have yet to figure out is the one that say its for pitches, what does it exactly do? Looks like nothing special.