Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What happened to the Cowboys? (/forums/showthread.php?t=356045)

Jistic 09-09-2009 03:07 PM

What happened to the Cowboys?

Just a year ago they were the top pick in the NFC by most experts.

Now those same experts are picking them 3rd and some 4th in their division. What happened?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=dal

mKoz26 09-09-2009 03:09 PM

Re: What happened to the Cowboys?

They got rid of Jessica Simpson and Terrell Owens. They should be much better this year. Addition by subtraction.

SPTO 09-09-2009 03:14 PM

I think most are blinded by the hype of Favre in Minny and some probably see Green Bay as a team that can make a huge step this year.

Maybe some are seeing the light that Romo is not as good as the hype machine makes him out to be. It's going to be real interesting to see how this team does when it first encounters difficulties. Will they take it head on or crumble in the face of adversity which has been their MO for the last 3-4 years?

FuzzySlippers 09-09-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mKoz26 (Post 2040152163)
They got rid of Jessica Simpson and Terrell Owens. They should be much better this year. Addition by subtraction.

Yeah,because it's T.O"s fault they weren't any good last year. Seriously,what's the excuse gonna be this year.

SPTO 09-09-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers (Post 2040152240)
Yeah,because it's T.O"s fault they weren't any good last year. Seriously,what's the excuse gonna be this year.

Wade Philips

mKoz26 09-09-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers (Post 2040152240)

Nice try, but I'm a Bears fan. I don't make excuses for other teams. The post I made was supposed to be a bit sarcastic.

CW McGraw 09-09-2009 04:03 PM

I can see why the Cowboys aren't #1 in anyone's power rankings, but the idea that teams in their division with even more questions surrounding them are going to be better is ridiculous.

The Eagles have an OL in flux, lost their genius defensive coordinator, lost their leader on defense to free agency, lost their starting MLB to injury, are relying on an aging injury prone RB to shoulder their offense, and haven't added the prototypical #1 WR they've been looking for since TO.

The Giants is going to be stagnant without a #1 WR, their defense will struggle without Steve Spagnulo running the show, and are still relying on a QB that has yet to put together back to back good seasons.

The Redskins still have Jason Campbell at QB so there's no predicting what will happen there. Really, all the Cowboys have to do is hope Jason Garret sticks to handing the ball of to their top five RB corps and running behind their mammoth OL. Wade Phillips is going to be calling the shots on defense all season, so it will remain solid. They have no great WR, but this entire division is weak at WR.

P2K 09-09-2009 04:03 PM

Love him or despise him, the T.O. threat going away makes the Cowboys' shine look alot duller.

Be real here...people ignored Dallas' obvious problems because they figured the offense with T.O. would scare the piss out of opponents. They were the darlings again.

Take Terrell away and people don't know what to think.