Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I am imploring EA to tune CPU time under center (/forums/showthread.php?t=356107)

RayAP19 09-09-2009 06:53 PM

I am imploring EA to tune CPU time under center

Come on... people say I'm nitpicking or I'm too slow, but it's like seriously... I'm not asking for anything I wasn't promised ("Everything we see on Sunday").

As it stands right now, the CPU QB spends about 1.5-2 seconds under center before he snaps the ball. In real life, the QB generally will spend 4-5 seconds (at the LEAST) under center, scanning the defense, making audibles, etc.

This really messes up not only the feel of the game (makes it feel rushed), but stats as well, considering that I take more time under center than the CPU (even though I take a realistic amount of time), so the TOP tilts in my favor more often than not even if my drives aren't slower than the CPU's.

I will provide video proof if needed-- in short, I just want the CPU to spend a realistic amount of time under center. That's it. This same problem was in Madden 09, but you guys patched it in no time.

C_Bailey24 09-09-2009 06:59 PM

Re: I am imploring EA to tune CPU time under center

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayAP19 (Post 2040153137)
Come on... people say I'm nitpicking or I'm too slow, but it's like seriously... I'm not asking for anything I wasn't promised ("Everything we see on Sunday").

As it stands right now, the CPU QB spends about 1.5-2 seconds under center before he snaps the ball. In real life, the QB generally will spend 4-5 seconds (at the LEAST) under center, scanning the defense, making audibles, etc.

This really messes up not only the feel of the game (makes it feel rushed), but stats as well, considering that I take more time under center than the CPU (even though I take a realistic amount of time), so the TOP tilts in my favor more often than not even if my drives aren't slower than the CPU's.

I will provide video proof if needed-- in short, I just want the CPU to spend a realistic amount of time under center. That's it. This same problem was in Madden 09, but you guys patched it in no time.

Not nitpicking at all. I agree witht his whole-heartedly. Its annoying and unrealistic. Onfield goals its even worse. I've never seen a team line up and immediately snap the ball to kick a field goal unless its an end of half/game situation where there running on the field to do so. Kickers always take time to get themselves positioned like they want and to line up the target. This needs to be represented in the game.

CW McGraw 09-09-2009 07:04 PM

Can we just get a slider or some options for this? I don't particularly find this to be a problem because I'm quick presnap and tend not to make to many adjustments, but clearly a good chunk of the community would appreciate this.

Deegeezy 09-09-2009 07:07 PM

Yeah I hate it as well. It got brought up to one of the devs and they basically responded by saying that "EA believes that the typical gamer does not want to spend time watching the CPU go through a cadence."

If your goal is to create a good sim, then the CPU spending time at the line is needed.

bulls23 09-09-2009 07:15 PM

agreed, but it really doesn't bother me unless it's a field goal attempt.

RayAP19 09-09-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2040153227)
It got brought up to one of the devs and they basically responded by saying that "EA believes that the typical gamer does not want to spend time watching the CPU go through a cadence."

... that's the worst logic I've ever seen from a developer on this board.

Alabama_Slim 09-09-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2040153227)
Yeah I hate it as well. It got brought up to one of the devs and they basically responded by saying that "EA believes that the typical gamer does not want to spend time watching the CPU go through a cadence."

do they think the average user would like to have enough time to make pre-snap adjustments.

PantherBeast_OS 09-09-2009 07:30 PM

Dude I agree with you and I have been saying this same thing for a while now. They fixed this issue in madden 09. But in 09 after the patch was given. The QB actully took to long to snap the ball. The avg time for a QB to stay under center in the game after getting there is about 5 to 6 seconds. So this would allow the us to make adjusts on defense. This isssue does need addressing in patch number 2.