Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=356283)

Pared 09-10-2009 11:34 AM

FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

For those of you that can grab the FIFA Soccer 10 demo, please post your impressions here.

Tomasperez9 09-10-2009 01:25 PM

Re: FIFA '10 Demo - Impressions

I played three games and, to be honest, I am very impressed. Here are a couple new things I noticed:
- The new foul/tackling/muscling system adds a whole new element to the game.
- Quick free kicks!
- No animations
- The game seems a lot smoother
- You have much more control over your players
- The X+A/B+A fake shot/cross doesn't register almost half of the time (maybe that's just my timing though)
- The computer is actually fun to play against
- Curved runs are unbelievable. Messi ran from the right touchline all the way to the left hand side of the box on one off-ball run (of course he scuffs the shot when he finally gets it from Zlatan!)
- The computer seems to use the chip a little too often
- The computer is just a lot smarter, both strategy-wise (up a goal late in the game and they'll take out a striker for a midfielder, down a goal, the opposite) and gameplay-wise
- Overall, I am very impressed!

I used a European account to download it, by the way.

~LiverpoolRed~ 09-10-2009 01:43 PM

Found this on a message board. A guy had his keeper sent off and a message popped up on the screen:

Your GK has been Red Carded!

Please make sure to follow the following steps to replace him:

1. Replace the Red Carded GK with one of your 10 field players.

2. Replace the field player with your reserve GK.

3. Back out of the management screen.

If you have no GK on the bench one of your field players will have to guard your net for the rest of the match.

Hunkerdown 09-10-2009 02:52 PM

I also made euro account just to download this demo:

WOW, WOW, WOW

Gameplay just seems more realistic, really fun. Fouls, only 3 min demo, but had several in matches played so far. Love the controls now, and the computer AI definitely smarter.

First game I played as Chelsea vs Barcelona: went 0-0, and got to do penalty kicks to win (surprised this was in Demo), I stopped two of their kicks, and they blocked 1, so I won!! alot of great chances in match on both sides, and alot of great defensive play, and 3 fouls!!

Only thing that sucks, is Chicago fire as team choice, wish they had another 3 star team to play against. Not even close playing against the like of Chelsea and Barcelona. Also that I have to wait till Late October to get game.

I also switch all controls to Manual, definitely a challenge, but well worth it.

Bruins 09-10-2009 03:04 PM

Tried going on my Euro account for this and it won't let me download... why's that?

Tomasperez9 09-10-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins (Post 2040156818)
Tried going on my Euro account for this and it won't let me download... why's that?

How so? What does it say? I created a Euro account (Germany) and it allowed me to download it easily (except for the fact I had to navigate through an all German dashboard to find FIFA10!).

Bruins 09-10-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomasperez9 (Post 2040156839)
How so? What does it say? I created a Euro account (Germany) and it allowed me to download it easily (except for the fact I had to navigate through an all German dashboard to find FIFA10!).

It tells me I need to have a Gold account.

poster 09-10-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomasperez9 (Post 2040156839)

Can you change languages in-game to English or are the commentary and menus in German? I did the same region as it was the only directions I could find online. It was also hard for me to find where the demos were. I went back to my normal account and counted 5 clicks up to get to the demo section, ha. :)

Bruins, I think the account needs Gold to download it.

EDIT: Looks like you figured it out.