Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Team Rating vs. Player Experience (/forums/showthread.php?t=356616)

BadAssHskr 09-11-2009 12:12 PM

Team Rating vs. Player Experience

Just pondering, but my Husker dynasty is in it's 2nd year. Think i finised my first season 9-4 if i'm remembering correctly.

Anyhow, with recruiting i've moved my team from the original rankings to A and A- across the board. However this season i have much less experience on the field. I'm starting RS freshmen and true freshmen in areas on my defense. My offensive line may have 1 returning starter.

Consequently my pass protection is much worse this season than last, and my defense is giving up passing and rushing yards like crazy. If i were to guess, i'd say i'll be losing games this season I normally wouldn't.

Anyhow, i haven't adjusted my sliders, so i began to wonder if less experience on the filed over rides the fact that i seem to have a more talented teams, speaking in terms of my overall team ranking.

NoDakHusker 09-11-2009 03:11 PM

Re: Team Rating vs. Player Experience

I had a very young team in my third year of my dynasty, with C+'s across the board. I returned 4 starters on defense, and underclassmen rule the rest of a very inexperienced defense. My team was known for having a great defense in years 1/2. Yet this team went on to upset Oregon and is 4-0 so far.
Maybe I'm just an isolated case, and I still have a pretty tough schedule ahead(@Boise State, Auburn, Nebraska, Fresno State)
where I could easily lose all of them and bust my season to pieces.

Keep in mind my recruiting house rules only allow me to go after 1 star,2 star and up to 3, 3 star recruits. This is because of broken progression to keep it as realistic as possible. Plus it adds more of a challenge.

jbrew2411 09-11-2009 03:55 PM

In year 2 with the Vols I have a young corners and a FS that has not played. I play 2 RSFr & a Jr at corner and I have had a few games that they played well but have been handled by the powers of the SEC. My D is rated as A- but they play more like C-. I think it matters. I have to replace 4 LB's and 3 of my 4 D-line so next want be much better but I love it.

DerkontheOS 09-11-2009 03:57 PM

Try to avoid looking at overall ratings and look at individual ratings.....Well, that is what I do. I hope that helps you.

kindella2 09-11-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerkontheOS (Post 2040162398)
Try to avoid looking at overall ratings and look at individual ratings.....Well, that is what I do. I hope that helps you.

2nd ^^^^ I also really dont play attention to experience either. If its your turn then get in the game and play.