Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Holding on Field Goals (/forums/showthread.php?t=357402)

Equinox831 09-13-2009 10:03 PM

Holding on Field Goals

This is getting ridiculous. I'm tired of holding calls when I'm kicking field goals. I just attempted a 49 yard PAT with Robbie Gould who doesn't have that great of a leg so I missed. I was infuriated. This needs to be patched.

Segagendude 09-13-2009 10:09 PM

Re: Holding on Field Goals

Patch #1 coming soon will address this.

In the meantime, try rewind or as someone else said, sim it and take your chances...

Equinox831 09-13-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segagendude (Post 2040174043)
Patch #1 coming soon will address this.

In the meantime, try rewind or as someone else said, sim it and take your chances...

I don't use rewind nor do I supersim. Good to hear that EA is actually doing a few things right this patch.

cletusdog 09-14-2009 01:12 AM

I love this new feature

lilgame06 09-14-2009 04:11 AM

yea i lost a ranked online game the other nite because like a good player would do...i ran the clock down and used my timeout with two seconds left before kicking the game winning field goal...but instead, EA slaps me in the face with a holding penalty, time runs out...and the game ends with no re-do of the play with the added yardage. thanks alot EA Sports...it really is in the game! [/sarcasm]

z Revis 09-14-2009 04:18 AM

Yea it's getting ridiculous. I didn't think it was that big of a deal at first. But now I realize that it is. It happens at least once a game. And one time, I had a 36 yard field goal, kicked it and made it. But got called for holding, brought it back 10 yards for a 46 yard field goal...kicked it and made it. But got called for holding AGAIN!! Then I was forced to punt because I wouldn't have made a 56 yarder. So, freaking, ridiculous.

JohnnyNutman 09-14-2009 05:19 AM

yeah, this is fairly stupid.

i dont have a problem with the penalties getting called themself - it doesnt happen to me that often (once in a few games).

my issue with it is that there seems to be even less holding calls (and barely any penalties regularly) called during the game.

aholbert32 09-14-2009 10:28 AM

Gripe thread...locked.